Lessons in nature connected to scripture

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
digging
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Lessons in nature connected to scripture

Post by digging »

Hello everyone,

I am hoping there are a few here that will enjoy looking at lessons in nature that might help give us a fuller understanding of some symbols in the bible.

I am an organic farmer and I spend alot of time out side with the natural world and some how it has helped me to being to see possible different meaning to some accounts.

The first one I would like to mention is the locust accounts in Joel and Revelation....I now believe these vs's are describing our present age of intense consumerism. I feel strongly that the billions today are the locust army, and through us and the activities of our modern age we are creating the 'curse or plagues' mentioned in Revelation.

Digging
Sam1995
Valued Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Lessons in nature connected to scripture

Post by Sam1995 »

Do we not already have lessons in nature that help us see God's glory?
Is it not called science?

Sorry if that sounds blunt, honestly I don't mean to be! :lol:

SB y:-?
"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." - C.S Lewis
digging
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by digging »

That's the point I was trying to make dear,

Sometimes now a days we only think science is about chemicals and high tec machines but really science is a whole picture of looking at how our world functions.

Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

Now to add to this topic of the locust if we look in nature and observe what causes 'blooms' of locust or any other out of balance population explosion we will find that some how a large supply of energy was able to enter the system. The said energy is really simply a food supply of some kind. For 1000's of years mankind was limited by only have solar power energy through plant growth for food and fuel but now in this modern age we have tapped into fossil fuels and because of this vast energy input we are following the model of what happens in nature and have become like a great locust bloom on the earth.

Digging
Sam1995
Valued Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Sam1995 »

Don't worry, I understand science has more to it than chemistry alone. :) It interests me massively! God revealing Himself to us through His creation is a wonderful thing!

SB
"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." - C.S Lewis