I want to talk about the Sabbath

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
digging
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

I want to talk about the Sabbath

Post by digging »

Since I'm new here I'm just wondering if any of the other members might know of another site where they might spend more time talking about the Sabbath? I understand that this topic is divided over but I have a lot of related thoughts I wish to talk over with a few people whom might have spent more time thinking about this subject.

Digging
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: I want to talk about the Sabbath

Post by PaulSacramento »

IMO, it is a personal choice and it is summed up in Paul's writings:
Colossians 2:16

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 Therefore no one is to (A)act as your judge in regard to (B)food or (C)drink or in respect to a (D)festival or a (E)new moon or a (F)Sabbath day—

Romans 14:
5 (I)One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be (J)fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he (K)gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God. 7 For not one of us (L)lives for himself, and not one dies for himself; 8 for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore (M)whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For to this end (N)Christ died and lived again, that He might be (O)Lord both of the dead and of the living.

10 But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you (P)regard your brother with contempt? For (Q)we will all stand before the judgment seat of God. 11 For it is written,

“(R)As I live, says the Lord, (S)every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall give praise to God.”

12 So then (T)each one of us will give an account of himself to God.
digging
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by digging »

perhaps you have misunderstood what I am asking? I'm not talking about the in's and outs of practising the sabbath just the other various lessons that we can still learn from it.

Digging
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

digging wrote:perhaps you have misunderstood what I am asking? I'm not talking about the in's and outs of practising the sabbath just the other various lessons that we can still learn from it.

Digging
Ah, well, I think that the reason one practices the Sabbath will dictate what one gets out of it, yes?
ChristYouKnowItAintEasy
Familiar Member

Post by ChristYouKnowItAintEasy »

digging wrote:Since I'm new here I'm just wondering if any of the other members might know of another site where they might spend more time talking about the Sabbath? I understand that this topic is divided over but I have a lot of related thoughts I wish to talk over with a few people whom might have spent more time thinking about this subject.

Digging
So? Did you just quit that easy? What are these thoughts? I am curious digging.
The best things in life...

...are not things.