Why do good people suffer?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Why do good people suffer?

Post by bippy123 »

Why would any Christian think that suffering is a bad thing. Jesus was perfect and without sin, and he suffered the most.
If he suffered why should we expect not to. Did he not say "pick up your cross and follow me"Our faith is tested and forged the most during our trials of suffering. God never promised us that life on earth would be Disneyland 24/7.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I think it's a better question to ask why if God really cares and is personal does He stand by and allow senseless atrocities and victimisations to be carried out for no obvious reason? Even more important to those of a Pentecostal persuasion.
Sam1995
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Sam1995 »

bippy123 wrote:Why would any Christian think that suffering is a bad thing. Jesus was perfect and without sin, and he suffered the most.
If he suffered why should we expect not to. Did he not say "pick up your cross and follow me"Our faith is tested and forged the most during our trials of suffering. God never promised us that life on earth would be Disneyland 24/7.
It depends what we are suffering for, I guess.

SB
"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." - C.S Lewis