Not answered!

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
TruckerTom
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Not answered!

Post by TruckerTom »

My wife divorced me ten months ago! I was left with 2 boys to raise, I felt paralylized! I prayed everyday for her to back, and if not for my pain to end and her to be happy in life! I pray for my death every morning and expect it to happen! I have already arranged a safe home for the kids! In 32 years of life I realized not one prayer has been answered! I just want this life to end and fast! But it looks like once again I will have to take things into my own hands! Im not righteous but surely he could at least grant me this!
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Not answered!

Post by jlay »

Tom, If your story is true, then I strongly suggest seeking professional help. Life is a tough mess, and no one knows this better than Jesus Christ. He was abandoned.
My father abandoned our family, and it left some deep scars.
So, you want to just die. How would that leave your two boys? Safe home or not, I think we can agree that you should live to love and serve your children. Otherwise, you are doing the same thing to them that your wife did.
To put it bluntly, it sounds like all your prayers are selfish request for God to come in and fix the people and problems in your life.
You found a safe home for your kids. Praise God. Sounds like someone's prayer has been answered.
I pray that God would burden your heart for your sons, and to be the Father that He has called you to be.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

God often watches it seems. If He intervened all the time, then this world wouldn't be much of a testing ground that shapes who we are. Furthermore, if He always interjected then the purpose for us to be responsibile to others as He desires would be reduced or negligable.

The world isn't rigged to necessarily be a happy one. People are suffering all over the world, and there are always those who have it much, much worse. Try a 5yo carrying his dead baby brother on his shoulders and being sent out to beg for money by some pimp. Or some of the crap that goes on in Darfur and what-not. To those who say suffering is good, get some perspective. There is suffering that we simply cannot explain the good within.

That said, he gave you two hands. With them you can either grant your own desire, or choose to help yourself and others. He hasn't left you entirely helpless but given you the ability to grant your own prayer if that is really what you want. Including permanently leaving your two boys behind which I doubt God would want to honor.

I've prayed a similar prayer also... and it's not for any reason other than no life is just a preferred option to living life. Yet, I've got responsibilities even if no life is preferred... perhaps that is where you're stuck between. So you're wanting God to take your life so that your exit is a more natural, less blameless and more honorable exit... I don't know.

Life is often something to just grin and bear. You certainly can't go wrong throwing yourself before God... I pray things work out - for you and your boys.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

TruckerTom wrote:My wife divorced me ten months ago! I was left with 2 boys to raise, I felt paralylized! I prayed everyday for her to back, and if not for my pain to end and her to be happy in life! I pray for my death every morning and expect it to happen! I have already arranged a safe home for the kids! In 32 years of life I realized not one prayer has been answered! I just want this life to end and fast! But it looks like once again I will have to take things into my own hands! Im not righteous but surely he could at least grant me this!
Tom, your probably in a very deep depression, and when your in a deep depression and when someone is in a deep depression the emotions are so strong that they can overwhelm you. Ive been through depression in my life my friend. Youve got to get help, especially for your kids who love you very much. I know you also must love them too. You do not know Gods plans for you. You might not see it now but maybe God has another woman in your life for you. If you need to vent shoot me a pm and we can chat. God granted us all life and it is he who decides the outcome of our life not us. Tom you have 2 kids. Sounds to me like 2 of your prayers have been answered allready :)

If you need to talk, you are among friends :)
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

No Tom, God will not answer your prayers to die.
Sorry.
Sam1995
Valued Member

Post by Sam1995 »

TruckerTom wrote:My wife divorced me ten months ago! I was left with 2 boys to raise, I felt paralylized! I prayed everyday for her to back, and if not for my pain to end and her to be happy in life! I pray for my death every morning and expect it to happen! I have already arranged a safe home for the kids! In 32 years of life I realized not one prayer has been answered! I just want this life to end and fast! But it looks like once again I will have to take things into my own hands! Im not righteous but surely he could at least grant me this!
I understand to an extent that seeing all of these responses from your side of this situation must be a very difficult thing to try and comprehend and respond to. I cannot begin to imagine some of the feelings and emotions that you've felt over the past few months Tom. However, in a situation like this I would be extremely glad to be one of God's people. I trust God to be a bedrock of hope in a situation like this, God will not answer your prayer to die, I think you'll find that Jesus prayed for the opposite for your own sake. Also, I understand that you have been praying but you must understand that God answers and responds when we pray in accordance with His will for our lives. I know that may be difficult to try and believe, but God promises us to be the source of all of our strength and hope to bring us through difficult situation which we fear in our lives.

SB
"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." - C.S Lewis
GreyDeSilvisanctis
Recognized Member

Post by GreyDeSilvisanctis »

Tom ...
There's no point in dying when you've loved ones to take care of. You have people to love and care for; you have a purpose in life.
~Grey //=> Amos 5:4
"ג Magna opera Domini, ד exquirenda omnibus, qui cupiunt ea." - Ps. 111:2 [NVV]

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth 'thrown in': aim at Earth and you will get neither." - C.S. Lewis
TruckerTom
Newbie Member

Post by TruckerTom »

Thank you for your responses, some were hard to take but needed! I woke up this morning and started to surf the net and came across very powerful words! " and it came to pass" only five words but held a deep meaning for me!
Sam1995
Valued Member

Post by Sam1995 »

TruckerTom wrote:Thank you for your responses, some were hard to take but needed! I woke up this morning and started to surf the net and came across very powerful words! " and it came to pass" only five words but held a deep meaning for me!
His strength is sufficient to pull you through any difficult situation in life.

A song I love, expresses my viewpoint on this matter beautifully....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0jPmzV1CzQ

SB
"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." - C.S Lewis
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I have always liked this song when I am depressed and hurting, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCx6MEdeli4

And trust me, this year has been the toughest of my life, I have never experienced so much pain and heart ache as I have this year, God never left me ever, even though sometimes it felt like he did.

Peace and love to you brother.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bippy123 »

TruckerTom wrote:Thank you for your responses, some were hard to take but needed! I woke up this morning and started to surf the net and came across very powerful words! " and it came to pass" only five words but held a deep meaning for me!
Welcome Tom, and remember we are all your brothers in Christ here :)

I have you in my daily prayer list my friend y[-o<