Stupid/embarrassing things you've done

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Stupid/embarrassing things you've done

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:I never changed the oil in my car... Just kept feeding it oil... Til one day... The engine seized up. :doh:
What do you mean by "changed" the oil? Don't we just check the level with the dipstick, and add when necessary?
The engine probably siezed up because you kept making it run on the Sabbath. :pound:
You know, your engine needs a day off from work too...
If you don't want to give your car a day off, you can donate it to me. I give all my cars one day off a week. :sleep:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

neo-x wrote:Well, I'm sort of a thinking person and at times this can get you to do pretty stupid things.

So I get this bicycle of mine and I went off to get something from the general store. I parked the bike outside, went in to get the things I was told to buy. Came out eating a Mars bar, and walked home, thinking about big questions of life. Eight hours later I figured the bike was missing, by the time I realized and went back, well you can guess, someone else had taken it for a ride and is still to return...that was 8 years ago.

My family still gets a good laugh over it. And they proudly tell it to my in-laws as well, they think its cute. :shakehead:
I am thinking person as well. It happened to me several times that I forgot to peel carrot before chopping. I chopped it and then I realized that I forgot to peel it. So then I had to take every single little piece and peel it. :)
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote: What do you mean by "changed" the oil? Don't we just check the level with the dipstick, and add when necessary?
You know.. Changed my oil. I threw coins into my engine.. :roll:

And speaking of change... Rick, I think you've revealed a side of you that we haven't seen before. :lol:

RickD wrote:The engine probably siezed up because you kept making it run on the Sabbath. :pound:
You know, your engine needs a day off from work too...
If you don't want to give your car a day off, you can donate it to me. I give all my cars one day off a week. :sleep:
That's why they call me the holy roller.. ;)
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Rick,embarrassing things you've done... hmmmm what about your avatar does that count??? :lol:

Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Sam1995
Valued Member

Post by Sam1995 »

B. W. wrote:Rick,embarrassing things you've done... hmmmm what about your avatar does that count??? :lol:

My eyes!

SB
"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." - C.S Lewis