Israel and Gaza

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: Israel and Gaza

Post by Byblos »

Philip wrote:One question is, what from Biblical prophecy is talking about modern-day and future Israel? Many would suggest that all such prophecies were already fulfilled or were not talking about anything to do with the Israel we now know. Beyond any arguments over prophecy, I think that the very fact that she still exists shows God is not through with her. As only God's protection can explain how Israel still remains the toughest survivor in one very tough neighborhood.
From my point of view I give no credence whatsoever to the link between scripture and modern day Israel. That ship has sailed a couple of millennia ago (sorry G). Where I come from is purely a pragmatic, economic, humanitarian, geo-political concern, that is all.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Gman
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Philip wrote:One question is, what from Biblical prophecy is talking about modern-day and future Israel?
It's actually pretty easy to understand once you get all the pieces of the puzzle. In a nutshell, how the world treated Yeshua (or Christ) back in His times will be replayed out on how it will treat Israel in the last days. Ultimately Yeshua will have to save her however.. Kind of like her knight in shinning armor. So at least it has a happy ending..

I find it extremely interesting how many Christians do not know this....
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Gman wrote: I find it extremely interesting how many Christians do not know this....
Ditto. Many Christians (real ones and so-called Christians) don't seem to know that the land of Israel was promised to the descendants of Abram, Gen 12:7. The promise was repeated in Gen 13:15, again in Gen15:18, and again in Gen 17:7, 8.

Do any of you need more biblical references? I could go on...

FL y:-B
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Gman wrote: I find it extremely interesting how many Christians do not know this....
Ditto. Many Christians (real ones and so-called Christians) don't seem to know that the land of Israel was promised to the descendants of Abram, Gen 12:7. The promise was repeated in Gen 13:15, again in Gen15:18, and again in Gen 17:7, 8.

Do any of you need more biblical references? I could go on...

FL y:-B
Everything that transpired in the OT, EVERYTHING, is a foreshadowing of something new and better and final. There are no coincidences in the Bible.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

My question about linking prophecy with modern Israel was merely designed to stimulate discussion and comments about it. I very much believe that modern Israel has key unfulfilled prophecies linked to it. The problem is, many who articulate the specific nuances of what and when of the end times always base their assertions upon their own theological understandings, which may or may not be completely right. And if just one or two things in their theories or theological understandings are wrong, then that may well mean that how they interpret things may be significantly off from the eventual reality. Still, however it all goes down and regardless of its exact sequence or time frame, it is apparent to me that there is still much prophecy to be fulfilled, and that Israel is also at its center.

This is well articulated here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcbekKwXP3Q
ChristYouKnowItAintEasy
Familiar Member

Post by ChristYouKnowItAintEasy »

Hummmm. Why not ask Who Christ's Father was? Anything to do with the jews, the muslims, christians, or else? The area of the land you guys are talking about is a land now decided by men's decisions called politics and money rules; not God's will. The same politics from the time of Ur, Sumerians, Egypt, Roman and all. The real final and true Israel will come from Him, not from men.
The best things in life...

...are not things.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Byblos wrote:Everything that transpired in the OT, EVERYTHING, is a foreshadowing of something new and better and final. There are no coincidences in the Bible.
ChristYouKnowItAintEasy wrote:The real final and true Israel will come from Him, not from men.
It seems to me that you guys are stating the obvious...like, ''Pizza is made in pizza restaurants.''

FL y#-o
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
ChristYouKnowItAintEasy
Familiar Member

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote: It seems to me that you guys are stating the obvious...like, ''Pizza is made in pizza restaurants.''

FL y#-o
It seems that you consider yourself at the right place to state it; isn't it?

...are not things.
ChristYouKnowItAintEasy
Familiar Member

Philip wrote:The problem is, many who articulate the specific nuances of what and when of the end times always base their assertions upon their own theological understandings, which may or may not be completely right.

This is well articulated here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcbekKwXP3Q
I think you are right. He said to search. Therefore this is what we have to do with being carefull to search in His path. As an example see this video by one person who seems to be Muslim-Christian as we may guess.
http://www.centre-zahra.com/spiritualit ... g-772.html

It is in french from France. If you don't understand french the purpose is similar to the Bible concerning the End-Times, Israel and Gaza; as you can see he is talking about Gog and Magog.

...are not things.