A380 Approach & Landing at SFO

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

A380 Approach & Landing at SFO

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

A landlubber friend sent me this interesting video of a Lufthansa A380 landing at San Francisco. I usually delete such videos because of their poor quality but this one is worth watching. Apart from the great aerial views of San Francisco and its surroundings, the video captures all the business on the flight deck as the A380 approaches to land. Unlike most videos of this type, you'll hear the communications between the various Air Traffic Controllers who are responsible for the safe completion of your flight.

http://www.wimp.com/approachlanding

Click on wide screen for more effect.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Gman
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: A380 Approach & Landing at SFO

Post by Gman »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:A landlubber friend sent me this interesting video of a Lufthansa A380 landing at San Francisco. I usually delete such videos because of their poor quality but this one is worth watching. Apart from the great aerial views of San Francisco and its surroundings, the video captures all the business on the flight deck as the A380 approaches to land. Unlike most videos of this type, you'll hear the communications between the various Air Traffic Controllers who are responsible for the safe completion of your flight.

http://www.wimp.com/approachlanding

Click on wide screen for more effect.

FL
Yes.. Lucky there wasn't any fog that day.. SFO is usually pretty foggy but especially Daly City. This was probably recorded in the spring. If it was summer, forget it..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Oh I see... It's one of those big planes. I thought I heard some big monstrosity thing shaking my house the other day.. :P

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

That pilot wasn't very professional. At the moment they were landing, he was calling the co-pilot a derogatory name. He said, "retard, retard". I will never fly Lufthansa. y[-(
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Gman wrote:Oh I see... It's one of those big planes. I thought I heard some big monstrosity thing shaking my house the other day.. :P
Yeah...the A380 is big and bizarre: it looks like a fat lady running in high heels.
RickD wrote:That pilot wasn't very professional. At the moment they were landing, he was calling the co-pilot a derogatory name. He said, "retard, retard". I will never fly Lufthansa. y[-(
The Captain was just trying to get the attention of the cabin crew. They are all Canadian...

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
The Captain was just trying to get the attention of the cabin crew. They are all Canadian...

FL
Figures... Kind of reminds me of this...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4vM75rSPJs[/youtube]

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

To those of you who believe the earth is spherical, just look at this cockpit video of a plane landing at Brisbane, Australia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMTtvb4VKYs

If the earth were really a round ball like you believe it is, the sky in Brisbane should be at the bottom of the screen! ...but where is it? At the top of the screen! At the top of the screen, just like in the video of the A380 landing at the ''Northern Hemisphere'' city of San Francisco.

FL

+ + +

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:To those of you who believe the earth is spherical, just look at this cockpit video of a plane landing at Brisbane, Australia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMTtvb4VKYs

If the earth were really a round ball like you believe it is, the sky in Brisbane should be at the bottom of the screen! ...but where is it? At the top of the screen! At the top of the screen, just like in the video of the A380 landing at the ''Northern Hemisphere'' city of San Francisco.

FL
Certainly can't argue with that kind of logic. :shock:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Tired of the inane discussion about flying saucers and little green men? Here is a story about real travel above one of Florida's (RickD's home state) most beautiful landscapes. The current cover story of AOPA Pilot (June 2014) features Florida's Everglades region:

http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/All- ... lades.aspx

Nice photography, too!

FL

+ + +

+ + +
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Tired of the inane discussion about flying saucers and little green men? Here is a story about real travel above one of Florida's (RickD's home state) most beautiful landscapes. The current cover story of AOPA Pilot (June 2014) features Florida's Everglades region:

http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/All- ... lades.aspx

Nice photography, too!

FL
Is that you flying?

Glad the plane had a prop as it swished away the miskeetos...

Nice scenery.

Thank you for sharing!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

B. W. wrote:Is that you flying?
Nope, that wasn't me. I just get the magazine. The airplane in the photos was Boeing's first production aircraft.

I'm glad you posted. It gives me an opportunity to show the cultural differences between 3 English-speaking countries. Pay attention to the mottos of these three pilots' organizations:

USA: http://www.aopa.org/ Protecting Your Freedom to Fly: short & to-the-point. And AOPA is very good at what it does.

Canada: http://www.copanational.org/ ...a wishy-washy feel-good meaningless drivel about social justice.

Australia: http://www.aopa.com.au/ ...if you click on the Advocacy tab, read how trusting the Aussies are towards their government.

In the discussions on gun control, cultural differences among people who speak the same language are evident. Can you see them?

FL :teacher:

+ + +

+ + +
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

B. W. wrote:Is that you flying?
Nope, that wasn't me. I just get the magazine. The airplane in the photos was Boeing's first production aircraft.

I'm glad you posted. It gives me an opportunity to show the cultural differences between 3 English-speaking countries. Pay attention to the mottos of these three pilots' organizations:

USA: http://www.aopa.org/ Protecting Your Freedom to Fly: short & to-the-point. And AOPA is very good at what it does.

Canada: http://www.copanational.org/ ...a wishy-washy feel-good meaningless drivel about social justice.

Australia: http://www.aopa.com.au/ ...if you click on the Advocacy tab, read how trusting the Aussies are towards their government.

In the discussions on gun control, cultural differences among people who speak the same language are evident. Can you see them?

FL :teacher:
Yes, I see the difference and understand that divide.

Again the articles are insightful !
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

B. W. wrote:Yes, I see the difference and understand [the cultural] divide.
I'm not too concerned about you because I know that you understand. It is the others I'm concerned about, those who think that gun control is a necessary step in eliminating violence.

Here is a site where raw facts tell a different story:

http://www.mecometer.com

Culture - not possession of guns - is what determines a society's viciousness. By ''culture'' I mean the culture of the nation - including sub-cultures - as well as the cultures of its immigrant population. Huh? Simple example: the more Salvadoran immigrants a country has, the more that country fills itself with people issued from a culture where violence is the norm. Salvadorans don't only open up Salvadoran restaurants and serve you delicious pupusas. They bring into the host country everything that makes them what they are.

(I chose El Salvador as an example only because that country has one of the highest homicide rates in the world.)

FL :D

+ + +

+ + +
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

B. W. wrote:Yes, I see the difference and understand [the cultural] divide.
I'm not too concerned about you because I know that you understand. It is the others I'm concerned about, those who think that gun control is a necessary step in eliminating violence.

Here is a site where raw facts tell a different story:

http://www.mecometer.com

Culture - not possession of guns - is what determines a society's viciousness. By ''culture'' I mean the culture of the nation - including sub-cultures - as well as the cultures of its immigrant population. Huh? Simple example: the more Salvadoran immigrants a country has, the more that country fills itself with people issued from a culture where violence is the norm. Salvadorans don't only open up Salvadoran restaurants and serve you delicious pupusas. They bring into the host country everything that makes them what they are.

(I chose El Salvador as an example only because that country has one of the highest homicide rates in the world.)

FL :D
Now that is interesting! Maybe the world should jump on El Salvador for its high homicide rate...

Anyways, thanks for the report y*-:)
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Who let this girl out of the kitchen???

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKV8ovw3QN0

+ + +

+ + +