ATHEISTS TO DISTRIBUTE ‘AN X-RATED BOOK’ TO PUBLIC SCHOOL KI

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

ATHEISTS TO DISTRIBUTE ‘AN X-RATED BOOK’ TO PUBLIC SCHOOL KI

Post by B. W. »

Here's the Headline:

ATHEISTS TO DISTRIBUTE ‘AN X-RATED BOOK’ TO PUBLIC SCHOOL KIDS TO COMBAT CHRISTIANS’ BIBLE GIVE AWAY

Here is the article:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01 ... give-away/

What do you all think?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: ATHEISTS TO DISTRIBUTE ‘AN X-RATED BOOK’ TO PUBLIC SCHOO

Post by Ivellious »

First of all, this county's policy of allowing religious groups to freely distribute religious materials at public schools is absurd and would probably be considered unconstitutional if a court had to rule on it. Not only are you allowing religious influences into a public school, but you are opening up a can of worms just like the one you bring up here. Heck, from the sounds of it, I could write my own religious cult book and distribute it at these schools under this policy...which I would say means it's a stupid policy.

But as far as this case goes, I think the secular/atheist group is more trying to make a point than actually "convert" students. And in a way, apparently they succeeded by getting media attention to the school policy that no one else seemed to think was wrong before.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

So... issues with distributing a book that can be found in ANY book store that ANY person of ANY age can buy.
Hmmm....
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I think the Christians are doing something nice, it's not like the Bible is anything bad.

The new atheist movement is just showing how disgusting they can be, I mean look at the picture on the cover of their book, it's all just so hateful.

We have chaplins at our public schools in Australia, but everyone respects the others belief and we all get along fine, maybe the states could learn something from that, even my neighbours who are atheist have their kids in the optional religious education classes.

I have no issue with people giving out Bible's, if people don't want them then don't take them, but the disgusting filth that others are planning to pass out is just plainly disrepectful and unessesary.

Seriously if they want to distribute their point of view, that is fine but do it in a respectful manner.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Nice! Another nail in America's coffin.

FL :shakehead:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Nice! Another nail in America's coffin.

FL :shakehead:
I saw on the news a report that in Russia, they are seeking to give Gideon Bibles to all students... I think they learned something about the morality of atheism - you think?
Quote below from this article...

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/to ... bible.html

“One of the Gideons in our local camp is from the Soviet Union,” Imhof said. “In most countries overseas we are allowed to go into public schools and give Bibles to students. But since this is America – you can’t do it here.”

“When the Soviet Union fell, Bibles were allowed in the schools, people could pray in the schools,” Hussey said. “It seems we have more persecution in America than they do in Russia.”
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

B. W. wrote:I saw on the news a report that in Russia, they are seeking to give Gideon Bibles to all students... I think they learned something about the morality of atheism - you think?
Of course! After the Revolution in 1917, the USSR went down the wrong moral & spiritual road and it got them less individual freedom, more government, an increasingly weak currency, more corruption, more petty theft, more violence, less spending power for its citizens, ugly cars that kept breaking down due to poor workmanship and shoddy engineering, ugly fashion in dress...I could go on and on.

In kicking out Christianity and the Christian influences that made America such a strong and enviable place among the nations of the world, your legislators/judiciary, your special-interst groups and the ordinary people who support them have in effect brought about a quiet revolution which is seriously undermining your nation: you are following the same path as the USSR...in reverse. The future holds nothing good.

So...yes! Russia has learned that Christianity is - if nothing else - a positive influence in the development of the State.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Dudeacus97
Established Member

Post by Dudeacus97 »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
B. W. wrote:I saw on the news a report that in Russia, they are seeking to give Gideon Bibles to all students... I think they learned something about the morality of atheism - you think?
Of course! After the Revolution in 1917, the USSR went down the wrong moral & spiritual road and it got them less individual freedom, more government, an increasingly weak currency, more corruption, more petty theft, more violence, less spending power for its citizens, ugly cars that kept breaking down due to poor workmanship and shoddy engineering, ugly fashion in dress...I could go on and on.

In kicking out Christianity and the Christian influences that made America such a strong and enviable place among the nations of the world, your legislators/judiciary, your special-interst groups and the ordinary people who support them have in effect brought about a quiet revolution which is seriously undermining your nation: you are following the same path as the USSR...in reverse. The future holds nothing good.

So...yes! Russia has learned that Christianity is - if nothing else - a positive influence in the development of the State.

FL
Seems that the Russians needed a Communist dictatorship in order to convince them that. I hope we won't need one here in order for us to learn.
"Christianity has always embraced both reason and faith."
-Dinesh D'Souza

"Stop listening to John Lennon and start listening to John Lennox! What about a world without the atheists? A word with no Stalin, no Mao, no Pol Pot? A world with no Gulag, no Cultural Revolution, no Killing Fields? Wouldn't that be a world worth dreaming about?"
-John Lennox
Sam1995
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Sam1995 »

I wouldn't have expected any different from a new atheist. A petty, ignorant and child-like response to a movement by Christians to advance God's kingdom.
Wouldn't be worried, we read the Bible and we know that in the end, we win. :ewink:
"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." - C.S Lewis
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Oh dear, Christians giving away Bibles... what do Atheists have to fear if it really is so absurd. You guys in the US may as well be Communist China if you see something wrong with such freedoms.

If that's what Atheists want to highlight, then the new movement is even more of a joke. :lol:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
You guys in the US may as well be Communist China
K, you don't know the half of it. y#-o
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony