awesome video on evidence of God's existence

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

awesome video on evidence of God's existence

Post by bippy123 »

its called the signs and its 1 hour and 55 minutes long.
Its loaded with great information and has all of the heavy hitters of Christian appologetics and even has some muslim scholars in agreement as theists about the evidence.
what I found especially fascinating was the part of the Golden Ratio.
This video touches on a wide range of subjects, so it good not just for Christians but people looking into the Christian Faith.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS1x-6al2pE

I found this video first on the uncommon descent blog , special thanks to Bornagain777 for making it known to everyone there.
KBCid
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: awesome video on evidence of God's existence

Post by KBCid »

bippy123 wrote:its called the signs and its 1 hour and 55 minutes long.
Its loaded with great information and has all of the heavy hitters of Christian appologetics and even has some muslim scholars in agreement as theists about the evidence.
This video touches on a wide range of subjects, so it good not just for Christians but people looking into the Christian Faith.
I found this video first on the uncommon descent blog , special thanks to Bornagain777 for making it known to everyone there.
ummmm golden ratio.... I been told that occurs naturally, just by chance mind you... of course when asked for the empirical evidence to back the assertion we encounter a certain 'gap'.

I just don't get it sometimes Bipp... How can evolution be a scientific discipline? The entirety of the arguement depends on things that are beyond scientific inquiry. Isn't science founded on the ability to test an arguement and then be retestable by anyone?
When God said we should look to the creation for evidence of his work. He was serious. Look at my creation and learn about the ultimate designer / architect by the things created. He made his creation subject to proper scientific inquiry and who other than man could find a way to make a somewhat believable arguement against God based on the assertion that it is based in science.
Good link man...
It is as if some Christians sit there and wait for the smallest thing that they can dispute and then jump onto it...
The Bible says that we were each given an interpretation – this gift of interpretation is not there so we can run each other into the ground. It is there for our MUTUAL edification.
//www.allaboutgod.net/profiles/blogs/chri ... each-other
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

KBCid wrote:
bippy123 wrote:its called the signs and its 1 hour and 55 minutes long.
ummmm golden ratio.... I been told that occurs naturally, just by chance mind you... of course when asked for the empirical evidence to back the assertion we encounter a certain 'gap'.

I just don't get it sometimes Bipp... How can evolution be a scientific discipline? The entirety of the arguement depends on things that are beyond scientific inquiry. Isn't science founded on the ability to test an arguement and then be retestable by anyone?
When God said we should look to the creation for evidence of his work. He was serious. Look at my creation and learn about the ultimate designer / architect by the things created. He made his creation subject to proper scientific inquiry and who other than man could find a way to make a somewhat believable arguement against God based on the assertion that it is based in science.
Good link man...
KBCID , correct and this is because evolutionists have interjected their religion of atheism and naturalism into science, to the point where when you question the status quo, you are considered to be unscientific, even though the premise that they arrive to for their belief in evolution to be true was reached not through science but through their faith based dogmatic belief in evolution. The scientific method is thrown out the window. Believe me their reach is very powerful as I myself used to argue on the side of evolution, not because I looked at the arguments for it but because public schools and colleges taught us that it's true. It wasn't until I watched Stephen Meyers signature in the cell that I started questioning evolution myself. One of my loves is prehistoric mammals, Permian animals and Carboniferous insects, and evolution made perfect sense to me , that is until I had the open mind to really look into its assertions .

That was when I did a complete 360.
I felt betrayed at first but later on I felt like the chains had been taken off.

Yea the golden ratio is amazing. I just heard about it the other day, and it really caught my curiosity .
To me this shows that everything from life to the smallest particles couldn't have come about by chance.
Dudeacus97
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Dudeacus97 »

It came to me as a great surprise that this documentary was made by Muslims. I even considered saying "SPOILER ALERT: Muslims made this" in the comments, but I am still getting hateful comments in my E-mail from swaths of angry Russians (long story) that I decided not to. The fact it was made by them wasn't really a concern for me because everything they said is still relevant in Christianity and Judaism, until they started to talk about Islam and how it somehow connects with science, not mentioning the whole "sun setting in a swamp", "mountains put down so the Earth won't shake", and "7 heavens with stars in the lowest" things. Then again, there may be another video, but whether or not I'd be interested in watching it is another thing. But, we shouldn't judge the scientific content of this video just because it's Islamic. They use Christian scholars like John Lennox and William Lane Craig throughout the documentary and if we are going to use the logic that it can't be trusted because Christians didn't make it, we shouldn't be using stuff by Antony Flew because he was a deist (formerly atheist) and the Kalam Cosmological Argument is out of the question!

It also greatly changed my view on evolution. I used to trust it until I saw all of the flaws they brought up that clearly shown it's flaws that Darwin said would destroy the theory! How they said that Das Kapital was dedicated to Darwin also brings up something I said once in the middle of science class when I saw a DVD box that said "Darwin's Dangerous Idea". When I read the back, I said "Something tells me that this is not going to mention how Darwinism influenced Communists and Nazis, resulting in the deaths of more than 100 million people." The teacher just laughed and said "you may be right!"

One of the things I don't think really dawned on me before is how much evolutionist propaganda has pervaded our culture. It's so widespread that to question evolution, even for scientific reasons, is considered absolutely silly. I've viewed some of the propaganda they have to offer on facebook, and it all basically comes down to "creationists are stupid because they don't believe in evolution." Simply calling your enemies stupid is absolutely horrific logic because it's an ad hominem, one of the worst of the fallacies. As propaganda, it's extremely effective, but that's propaganda. Probably one of the biggest ways I see evolution advanced in our culture is through comedy, along with other liberal views, but that is for another thread.

Oh, and another question. Should I post this on Facebook? I was thinking of doing it until I saw the Islamic stuff at the end, and I'm afraid that if I post it, people will think I'm a Muslim or supporting Islam. If I say "I do not support the Islamic content in this video", I'd probably offend the Muslims (about two, but I'm pretty sure they'd understand) in my friend's list. I know to take away the stuff I agree in this video (almost everything), but I'm pretty sure most of my friends won't know to do that. Thoughts?
"Christianity has always embraced both reason and faith."
-Dinesh D'Souza

"Stop listening to John Lennon and start listening to John Lennox! What about a world without the atheists? A word with no Stalin, no Mao, no Pol Pot? A world with no Gulag, no Cultural Revolution, no Killing Fields? Wouldn't that be a world worth dreaming about?"
-John Lennox
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Dudeacus97 wrote:It came to me as a great surprise that this documentary was made by Muslims. I even considered saying "SPOILER ALERT: Muslims made this" in the comments, but I am still getting hateful comments in my E-mail from swaths of angry Russians (long story) that I decided not to. The fact it was made by them wasn't really a concern for me because everything they said is still relevant in Christianity and Judaism, until they started to talk about Islam and how it somehow connects with science, not mentioning the whole "sun setting in a swamp", "mountains put down so the Earth won't shake", and "7 heavens with stars in the lowest" things. Then again, there may be another video, but whether or not I'd be interested in watching it is another thing. But, we shouldn't judge the scientific content of this video just because it's Islamic. They use Christian scholars like John Lennox and William Lane Craig throughout the documentary and if we are going to use the logic that it can't be trusted because Christians didn't make it, we shouldn't be using stuff by Antony Flew because he was a deist (formerly atheist) and the Kalam Cosmological Argument is out of the question!

It also greatly changed my view on evolution. I used to trust it until I saw all of the flaws they brought up that clearly shown it's flaws that Darwin said would destroy the theory! How they said that Das Kapital was dedicated to Darwin also brings up something I said once in the middle of science class when I saw a DVD box that said "Darwin's Dangerous Idea". When I read the back, I said "Something tells me that this is not going to mention how Darwinism influenced Communists and Nazis, resulting in the deaths of more than 100 million people." The teacher just laughed and said "you may be right!"

One of the things I don't think really dawned on me before is how much evolutionist propaganda has pervaded our culture. It's so widespread that to question evolution, even for scientific reasons, is considered absolutely silly. I've viewed some of the propaganda they have to offer on facebook, and it all basically comes down to "creationists are stupid because they don't believe in evolution." Simply calling your enemies stupid is absolutely horrific logic because it's an ad hominem, one of the worst of the fallacies. As propaganda, it's extremely effective, but that's propaganda. Probably one of the biggest ways I see evolution advanced in our culture is through comedy, along with other liberal views, but that is for another thread.

Oh, and another question. Should I post this on Facebook? I was thinking of doing it until I saw the Islamic stuff at the end, and I'm afraid that if I post it, people will think I'm a Muslim or supporting Islam. If I say "I do not support the Islamic content in this video", I'd probably offend the Muslims (about two, but I'm pretty sure they'd understand) in my friend's list. I know to take away the stuff I agree in this video (almost everything), but I'm pretty sure most of my friends won't know to do that. Thoughts?
Look at it this way. In the intelligent design movement there are people from different religions supporting it, does that mean that we abandon the theory?
I would think not, and the fact that they are using Lennox and wlc, means that Muslims will also be watching them.
How can that be a bad thing.
Muslims are still theists aren't they?
As far as Antony flew, he came closer to becoming a Christian then most people think.
If it wasnt for a fear of becoming bored in eternity and time being against him for his old age, I think he would have had a conversion. In fact he said that if he would become a theist he would have become a very zealous Christian that preached with passion.
I choose to look at the main theme of this video which is intelligent design.

I know what you mean when you say you I doctrinated into evolution. I was for 42 years until I took a real good look at it up close, and thanks to Stephen Meyers signature in the cell I became a believer in ID.

I wouldn't hesitate to post on the fb page myself. In fact I will probably do so lol
Dudeacus97
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Dudeacus97 »

bippy123 wrote:
Dudeacus97 wrote:It came to me as a great surprise that this documentary was made by Muslims. I even considered saying "SPOILER ALERT: Muslims made this" in the comments, but I am still getting hateful comments in my E-mail from swaths of angry Russians (long story) that I decided not to. The fact it was made by them wasn't really a concern for me because everything they said is still relevant in Christianity and Judaism, until they started to talk about Islam and how it somehow connects with science, not mentioning the whole "sun setting in a swamp", "mountains put down so the Earth won't shake", and "7 heavens with stars in the lowest" things. Then again, there may be another video, but whether or not I'd be interested in watching it is another thing. But, we shouldn't judge the scientific content of this video just because it's Islamic. They use Christian scholars like John Lennox and William Lane Craig throughout the documentary and if we are going to use the logic that it can't be trusted because Christians didn't make it, we shouldn't be using stuff by Antony Flew because he was a deist (formerly atheist) and the Kalam Cosmological Argument is out of the question!

Look at it this way. In the intelligent design movement there are people from different religions supporting it, does that mean that we abandon the theory?
I would think not, and the fact that they are using Lennox and wlc, means that Muslims will also be watching them.
How can that be a bad thing.
Muslims are still theists aren't they?
As far as Antony flew, he came closer to becoming a Christian then most people think.
If it wasnt for a fear of becoming bored in eternity and time being against him for his old age, I think he would have had a conversion. In fact he said that if he would become a theist he would have become a very zealous Christian that preached with passion.
I choose to look at the main theme of this video which is intelligent design.

I know what you mean when you say you I doctrinated into evolution. I was for 42 years until I took a real good look at it up close, and thanks to Stephen Meyers signature in the cell I became a believer in ID.

I wouldn't hesitate to post on the fb page myself. In fact I will probably do so lol
I was saying that I didn't have a problem with it, but it surprised me because I didn't expect Muslims to be doing apologetics. I think I'm going to post this to Facebook now.
"Christianity has always embraced both reason and faith."
-Dinesh D'Souza

"Stop listening to John Lennon and start listening to John Lennox! What about a world without the atheists? A word with no Stalin, no Mao, no Pol Pot? A world with no Gulag, no Cultural Revolution, no Killing Fields? Wouldn't that be a world worth dreaming about?"
-John Lennox
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Ah ok sorry about the misunderstanding :)
ID be interested to see the responses u will get
Bippy