Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by B. W. »

RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Way to derail the introduction thread Rick. Nice moderating. :poke: ;)

Welcome FallingScales :wave:
Whaddya mean Kurieuo, this is the welcome I give to all Young Earth Creationists. :mrgreen:
Yes Fallingscales - don't mind the hypnotizing clown y:o) You'll get used to Rick...

Welcome to the Forum :)
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Rick isn't alone. This whole board likes to beat up on YECs. But as long as you can get use to that, then we'll keep doing it.

Actually, in the past there was a YEC moderator... (but he's no longer around ;))
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
FallingScales
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FallingScales »

Seems to me that the whole board beats up on many perspectives depending on the perspective of the person talking, as it should be.
Anyways, it seems to me that you are retreading the content of the Christian forums/creation Talk/Dr. Hugh Ross from 2010 section of the forums debating this same topic, and I side with the other various YEC's that posted in there on this exact subject. I may not be equipped at the moment to defend my side of points as well as I would like, but I do what I can. I mainly skimmed it, but it seemed fairly well covered there.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

FallingScales,

I'm just trying to get you thinking about what you're saying, because I'm kinda surprised anyone still uses the "appearance of age" argument. I thought it went the way of the dodo and the canopy theory.
:titanic:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

RickD wrote:FallingScales,

I'm just trying to get you thinking about what you're saying, because I'm kinda surprised anyone still uses the "appearance of age" argument. I thought it went the way of the dodo and the canopy theory.
:titanic:
Most YECs who learn to defend their position long ago made the distinction between appearance of age and functional maturity, as FS did here. The OEC critique of the less sophisticated AoA argument is fine as far as it goes, but when you cross over to applying the "deception" argument to the more sophisticated take, you're really attacking a strawman. The other thing about this is that the most common example used to prove supposed deception is starlight, and it's well known that YECs have put out (and are continuing to put out) various explanations of that phenomena. You can reject those particular explanations, of course, but to write the whole thing off so simplistically is just uncharitable, to put it charitably, and all the more since it is rather widely recognized that the Standard Model has its own starlight problem.

But here I am contributing to the derailment . . . I should be moderated for this. Where's my board warning! :pillows:

And FS, welcome to the boards. Always good to see fellow YECs on the boards. Anything to tweak the clown. :twisted: ;) 8)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Jac3510 wrote:But here I am contributing to the derailment . . . I should be moderated for this. Where's my board warning! :pillows:
Ah the good old days. :D
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Jac,

My questioning ONLY pertained to the appearance of age. I wouldn't argue against Adam being created "mature", because I believe he was.

And I like your new avatar Jac. You are quite the knave. :mrgreen:
Jac wrote:
But here I am contributing to the derailment . . . I should be moderated for this. Where's my board warning!
Don't worry Jac. If your posts in this thread go as your posts normally do, it's just a matter of time. :pound:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

RickD wrote:Jac,

My questioning ONLY pertained to the appearance of age. I wouldn't argue against Adam being created "mature", because I believe he was.
DO WE NEED TO TAKE THIS OUTSIDE?
You have no idea how happy I am that you caught the double entendre. :)
Jac wrote:
But here I am contributing to the derailment . . . I should be moderated for this. Where's my board warning!
Don't worry Jac. If your posts in this thread go as your posts normally do, it's just a matter of time. :pound:

;)

im doing the best i can i do have a reputation to uphold you know
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Jac3510 wrote:
RickD wrote:Jac,

You have no idea how happy I am that you caught the double entendre. :)
Jac wrote:

;)

im doing the best i can i do have a reputation to uphold you know
Jac,

It seems God's grace may be powerful after all. :amen:

-Edward R Murrow

FallingScales
Acquainted Member

Post by FallingScales »

My very into caused a debate already, fun times.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

FallingScales wrote:My very into caused a debate already, fun times.
See, you're already part of the family. You'll soon see we're a kind of dysfunctional family, but a family nonetheless. y>:D<

-Edward R Murrow

FallingScales
Acquainted Member

Post by FallingScales »

indeed
apvkt
Newbie Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by apvkt »

Hello guys,
Welcome everybody those who are a member of this forum. I am a new user to this forum and feel very happy to be a part of this. I think it would help me a lot.Thanks.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

apvkt wrote:Hello guys,
Welcome everybody those who are a member of this forum. I am a new user to this forum and feel very happy to be a part of this. I think it would help me a lot.Thanks.
Welcome.
P.S.: you have strange username
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Looks like a spam registration
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)