OT trust-worthyness?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: OT trust-worthyness?

Post by Murray »

During World War I, British forces under the command of General Allenby were to face the Turks at the same location. One night, Major Vivian Gilbert of the British army was contemplating the situation against the Ottoman forces. He remembered a town by the name of Michmash written somewhere in the Bible. He found the verses, and discovered that there was supposedly a secret path around the town. Incredibly, he managed to find that secret path, and with the British forces using this path to outmanoeuver the Ottomans, the British took the town.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
ronjohn839
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: OT trust-worthyness?

Post by ronjohn839 »

I was just reading about this actually on this site on the left hand side under reliability of the Bible. Many historians baicly apply 3 tests or a variation of these tests to a text to check how truthful it is. The first text is bibliographical meaning how consistent is it. Over many different copies over a span of 2300 years, the text hasn't changed. The next test is the internal test. For example are their any notable contradictions. And last the external test, which includes how accurate the document is in referring to the time period it was written in eg: archeolagy and other comparative writings and kept history. I went into small detail, but if you look you will find it is the Word of God and a big chunk of the history of mankind.