Apologetics TV Show

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Dudeacus97
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Apologetics TV Show

Post by Dudeacus97 »

A few weeks ago, (St. Patrick's day, to be more precise), I was talking to a Catholic priest at my Grandmother's church and he said that he could get me on local public television (probably just a few towns) in order to teach Christian apologetics. One of my dreams was to do this: to make a TV Show where I would interview experts to talk about an apologetic issue every week and interview experts, along with using multimedia to make it more interesting. I think I'm just going to stick to simple, less controversial topics first, such as whether Jesus existed or not. If I do an episode about evolution, abortion, or homosexuality, then I'm probably going to have to do it after a lot of episodes.

I was reluctant to do this because I'm, as you probably know, only a teenager. I haven't even graduated high school, much less am an expert in any field. I'm afraid that I won't be taken seriously, even though what I'd be doing is taking the words of experts and trying to organize them into an entertaining format. Everybody else , however, tells me that I know more about the subject of religion, apologetics, science, history, and philosophy than most adults around me. I even had to correct my teachers a few times. I'm also unsure if I would be able to handle the fame and hate mail that I might potentially get out of this. What do you guys think? Should I do this?
"Christianity has always embraced both reason and faith."
-Dinesh D'Souza

"Stop listening to John Lennon and start listening to John Lennox! What about a world without the atheists? A word with no Stalin, no Mao, no Pol Pot? A world with no Gulag, no Cultural Revolution, no Killing Fields? Wouldn't that be a world worth dreaming about?"
-John Lennox
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Apologetics TV Show

Post by RickD »

Philippians 4:6-7

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all [a]comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Dudeacus97
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Apologetics TV Show

Post by Dudeacus97 »

RickD wrote:Philippians 4:6-7

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all [a]comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Thank you for this help. I think I'm going to wait on it for now so I can learn more. I don't want to embarrass myself on public television by presenting wrong information.
"Christianity has always embraced both reason and faith."
-Dinesh D'Souza

"Stop listening to John Lennon and start listening to John Lennox! What about a world without the atheists? A word with no Stalin, no Mao, no Pol Pot? A world with no Gulag, no Cultural Revolution, no Killing Fields? Wouldn't that be a world worth dreaming about?"
-John Lennox