A mother's love

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
ultimate777
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

A mother's love

Post by ultimate777 »

Can a mother with the natural love of a mother for her child be happy in heaven if her child is damned? Can any reasons she is given for why it happened satisfy her? Will she believe God had no responsibility?
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Re: A mother's love

Post by neo-x »

Do you think the child had a responsibility too?...I mean I imagine what would manson's mother think or hitler's or someone else?
I assume here that the child is grown up...no infant is damned.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

neo-x wrote:Do you think the child had a responsibility too?...I mean I imagine what would manson's mother think or hitler's or someone else?
I mean grown ups. Of course the kid has responsibility but God is the enforcer. I don't know about Manson's mother but from I could tell Hitler's mother was a nice lady who Hitler dearly loved. Maybe if she had lived another ten years she could have kept Hitler off the wrong path. Do you think if she made it to heaven she let God off the hook?
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

ultimate777 wrote:
neo-x wrote:Do you think the child had a responsibility too?...I mean I imagine what would manson's mother think or hitler's or someone else?
I mean grown ups. Of course the kid has responsibility but God is the enforcer. I don't know about Manson's mother but from I could tell Hitler's mother was a nice lady who Hitler dearly loved. Maybe if she had lived another ten years she could have kept Hitler off the wrong path. Do you think if she made it to heaven she let God off the hook?
These all are speculations.

I do not know precisely what off the hook means, but I think who gets into heaven has understanding and in heaven we get even greater understanding. I do not think she would be mad or so.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

ultimate777 wrote:Can a mother with the natural love of a mother for her child be happy in heaven if her child is damned? Can any reasons she is given for why it happened satisfy her? Will she believe God had no responsibility?
So religions, like the JW's, that promote that the vast majority will be destroyed ( except their loyal followers of course), say that God will "erase" the memories and sorrows of the past lifes so that we will be happy and without suffering when we are resurrected to paradise on Earth,
That is how they deal with the issue of suffering that the knowledge that we have lose those we love forever.
I do not agree with that.
I believe that our understanding of Gods love and that the knowledge that those that are condemned are so because of THEIR choice to be condemner, will prevail over our suffering.
Will we still feel sadness and loss, yes, as God does when He loses one of His.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

Also, if people on this Earth were continuously frustrated from terrible things happened, this planet would be one big frustration, people would not have happy lives, would be down. Yet, somehow people are able to 'absorb' it and lead happy lives.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart