What's so great about the iphone?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: What's so great about the iphone?

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote:Neo, don't forget that PaulSacramento is Canadian. Just trade him straight up, an iPhone for a beer. Canadians will trade away their first born for beer. :cheers:
Word, as long as it isn't a light beer, that's just against the Laws of God !!
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Word, as long as it isn't a light beer, that's just against the Laws of God !!
:lol:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

neo-x wrote:Yeah...you may be right. The only thing is, it costs a lot of money upfront and i have no idea what I am going for. For instance even my nexus cost $500 in pakistan. The iphone would cost about $800. Thats some amount for me. In pakistan and india, there is no cellphone with network deals. You have to buy the whole thing upfront. I guess that was why I was asking.
I hear from highly credible scholars that religion is big business . . .

On a serious note, I've used both. There's no doubt that the specs are better on Android devices. You also have more choices in terms of where you want to get your apps from. The biggest benefit to owning the iAnything is having iEverything. iPad + iPhone + iMac + iAltar and you have a compete iUniverse that communicates really easily back and forth. You can obviously set up your Android phone to talk to your PC, but it just requires a bit extra in terms of steps. Otherwise, the only tangible benefit I know of for owning an iPhone is that when Apple updates their software, you get it pretty instantaneously, which is often not the case with Android devices.

Frankly, I'm anti-Apple, but beyond my bias, I just don't see why anyone would spend the extra money on one unless they already own other Apple products, and even then, I don't think the extra money is worth it. At that point, it would just be a brand loyalty thing.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Neo,

Buy sandals, find a wooden rod, carry the Bible and spread the word. Like our ancestors did it. ;)
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

1over137 wrote:Neo,

Buy sandals, find a wooden rod, carry the Bible and spread the word. Like our ancestors did it. ;)
YES!

Or, even better, I bet there's an app for that -- iJohn or iProphet, gotta be something like that . . . :pound:
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Jac3510 wrote:
1over137 wrote:Neo,

YES!

Or, even better, I bet there's an app for that -- iJohn or iProphet, gotta be something like that . . . :pound:
:pound: :pound: :pound:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Hi Neo

I get my wife's hand me downs, I have a 3GS and she has the 4S.
They never stuff up or breakdown, the customer care is really good, they replace phones for half price if you drown it or sometimes replace free of charge if you can batt your eye lids like my wife does.

I haven't had android phones but all my mates that do complain that they stuff up all the time.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Thank you all. I think I will stick to my android for now. Get some sandals, a wooden rod, a camel and go on evangelizing. Can I use the wooden rod on people though? :P

I do not own an apple eco-system so syncing within its products seems a moot point. Dan, apple has no official store in Pakistan. People buy new iphones here with local warranties. So I can forget about the replacement deals.

By the way, premium value phones, like higher budget models don't "stuff up" as much as it is said. I have using android for over four years. Yes the cheap phone models stuff up, sometimes but any good device will not. just take samsung s4, even Nexus 4, or xperia zl. And these phones almost cost less than the iphone while also being superior in specs.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com