Christians, the afterlife, and conflicts with others

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
cubeus19
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Christians, the afterlife, and conflicts with others

Post by cubeus19 »

Hey guys,

I have this somewhat big question to ask. It has to do with the afterlife and how believers will get along with each other during that time. Specifically, I want to focus on believers who have had issues with other believers during this life that never get resolved or at least, not fully resolved.

How will two or more believers (assuming they are genuine believers) get along with each other and fully resolve their issues that began during "this life"? For example, take two guys, one is married and is a true follower of Christ the other, at first is a lost man who is a thief.

One day, he breaks into the nice guy's house and while stealing something, shoots and kills the man's wife. The thief is later caught and found guilty for murdering the guy's wife. The guy obviously is bitter about it, but the thief/ murderer later while serving life in prison, converts to Christianity and forgives the man and tries to ask him for forgiveness and even though the man whose wife was murdered knows he should as a believer, he just can't get himself to do so.

So flash forward a million years or whenever this current earth/human age is over and we are in eternity how would God get the man whose wife was murdered to like the guy who murderer? Assuming the two are both believers and both make it into heaven?

Another scenario would be two believers at a baptist church, one a deacon, the other a pastor, the deacon one day thinks people should be sprinkled instead of immersed when they are baptized. The two get into a heated argument, and they either almost get violent or they do get violent {depending upon your particular "taste" for drama ;) } with each other due to their passionate views on this topic.

Anyways, the guy who wants people to be sprinkled gets angry, takes 1/3 or 1/2 of the church and they go join a Methodist church or something. Either way both people are angry and bitter with each other until the end.

But again assuming they are both believers, true, genuine believers. In the afterlife, in God's kingdom, how does God resolve things from this life between the two? Will they just forget about it? Will they be close friends or like family members?

Or to expand this into a even bigger question and issue, what if it's true that if a person doesn't fully resolve conflicts with all people in this life before their life is over, will it effect their salvation? As far as I know as long as one asks God for forgiveness and everything is ok between that one person and God then that person alone should be ok.

Because after all, not all conflicts can be solved in this life. People lose touch with other people because of location, circumstances and so on. Plus, one person may be able to forgive while the other just can't seem to do it. And it's not just because the person who won't forgive is being difficult.

Well, it may be in some cases, but what if it's a case where a believer was raped by a priest or by a top member of some church when they were young? I mean, how can one forgive someone like that? Luckily I've never been in such a situation but I've heard the accounts of those who have and that's something that''s extremely difficult for a person to forgive.

But with like myself, I forgive others who have done me wrong but I"m not sure others will forgive me. Some of them, I know are believers or at least claim to be believers. If they don't forgive me am I in any trouble with God because the "conflict" is not "resolved"? That's what I"m unsure about and will these conflicts be resolved and laid to rest in the afterlife? That's all I"m asking.

Thanks guys!
cubeus19
Established Member

Re: Christians, the afterlife, and conflicts with others

Post by cubeus19 »

And I've got 200 posts! Yea!
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

When a person is newborn, he is new person. So, other will probably look at him not as on a killer but as on a new person with new heart.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
cubeus19
Established Member

Post by cubeus19 »

Great answer. :P
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

cubeus19 wrote:Hey guys,

I have this somewhat big question to ask. It has to do with the afterlife and how believers will get along with each other during that time. Specifically, I want to focus on believers who have had issues with other believers during this life that never get resolved or at least, not fully resolved.

How will two or more believers (assuming they are genuine believers) get along with each other and fully resolve their issues that began during "this life"? For example, take two guys, one is married and is a true follower of Christ the other, at first is a lost man who is a thief.

One day, he breaks into the nice guy's house and while stealing something, shoots and kills the man's wife. The thief is later caught and found guilty for murdering the guy's wife. The guy obviously is bitter about it, but the thief/ murderer later while serving life in prison, converts to Christianity and forgives the man and tries to ask him for forgiveness and even though the man whose wife was murdered knows he should as a believer, he just can't get himself to do so.

So flash forward a million years or whenever this current earth/human age is over and we are in eternity how would God get the man whose wife was murdered to like the guy who murderer? Assuming the two are both believers and both make it into heaven?

Another scenario would be two believers at a baptist church, one a deacon, the other a pastor, the deacon one day thinks people should be sprinkled instead of immersed when they are baptized. The two get into a heated argument, and they either almost get violent or they do get violent {depending upon your particular "taste" for drama ;) } with each other due to their passionate views on this topic.

Anyways, the guy who wants people to be sprinkled gets angry, takes 1/3 or 1/2 of the church and they go join a Methodist church or something. Either way both people are angry and bitter with each other until the end.

But again assuming they are both believers, true, genuine believers. In the afterlife, in God's kingdom, how does God resolve things from this life between the two? Will they just forget about it? Will they be close friends or like family members?

Or to expand this into a even bigger question and issue, what if it's true that if a person doesn't fully resolve conflicts with all people in this life before their life is over, will it effect their salvation? As far as I know as long as one asks God for forgiveness and everything is ok between that one person and God then that person alone should be ok.

Because after all, not all conflicts can be solved in this life. People lose touch with other people because of location, circumstances and so on. Plus, one person may be able to forgive while the other just can't seem to do it. And it's not just because the person who won't forgive is being difficult.

Well, it may be in some cases, but what if it's a case where a believer was raped by a priest or by a top member of some church when they were young? I mean, how can one forgive someone like that? Luckily I've never been in such a situation but I've heard the accounts of those who have and that's something that''s extremely difficult for a person to forgive.

But with like myself, I forgive others who have done me wrong but I"m not sure others will forgive me. Some of them, I know are believers or at least claim to be believers. If they don't forgive me am I in any trouble with God because the "conflict" is not "resolved"? That's what I"m unsure about and will these conflicts be resolved and laid to rest in the afterlife? That's all I"m asking.

Thanks guys!

If you have asked forgiveness and repented of your sins - then the matter is closed, whether or not the other person has forgiven you or not. God can forgive all sins - because ultimately all sins are against him.

When we are in heaven - well I think any arguements we have on earth will seem insignificantly petty against the glory of God. And about the case of the murdered wife - well - if she had accepted Christ - then she will be in heaven as well and be experiencing an eternity of joy - and I bet you she has forgiven her murderer.

Its a good question, but I think any imaginings we have of heaven will not be anywhere close to the reality of it. God promises all tears will be wiped away and there will be no more conflict - I think we should take him on his word on that. :ewink:
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

If you have asked forgiveness and repented of your sins - then the matter is closed, whether or not the other person has forgiven you or not. God can forgive all sins - because ultimately all sins are against him.

When we are in heaven - well I think any arguements we have on earth will seem insignaficantly petty against the glory of God. And about the case or the murdered wife - well - if she had accepted Christ - then she will be in heaven as well and be experiencing an eternity of joy - and I bet you she has forgiven her murderer.

Its a good question, but I think any imaginings we have of heaven will not be anywhere close to the reality of it. God promises all tears will be wiped away and there will be no more conflict - I think we should take him on his work on that.
May be heaven would have a memory erasing program...you know we'd be wiped clean. no more grudges...we will be only as angry as a box full of kittens. :mrgreen:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

cubeus19 wrote:Great answer. :P
Glad it helped :)

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

neo-x wrote:

When we are in heaven - well I think any arguements we have on earth will seem insignaficantly petty against the glory of God. And about the case or the murdered wife - well - if she had accepted Christ - then she will be in heaven as well and be experiencing an eternity of joy - and I bet you she has forgiven her murderer.

Its a good question, but I think any imaginings we have of heaven will not be anywhere close to the reality of it. God promises all tears will be wiped away and there will be no more conflict - I think we should take him on his work on that.
May be heaven would have a memory erasing program...you know we'd be wiped clean. no more grudges...we will be only as angry as a box full of kittens. :mrgreen:

I hate cats.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

I hate cats.
check my avatar... :mrgreen:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

neo-x wrote:
I hate cats.

He looks like he is eating a bucket of teeth - that is one scary cat.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Silvertusk wrote:
neo-x wrote:
I hate cats.

He looks like he is eating a bucket of teeth - that is one scary cat.
Look at the writing on the bucket. It is eating corpses. :mrgreen:

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

It's clear to me that the cat is an anti-Pontiff zombie cat. The writing on the bucket is clear to me. It says, "pope cornelius". That cat is eating a pope! That's sacrilege!!!!

Neo, what kind of avatar picture is that?!?!?!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

RickD wrote:It's clear to me that the cat is an anti-Pontiff zombie cat. The writing on the bucket is clear to me. It says, "pope cornelius". That cat is eating a pope! That's sacrilege!!!!

Neo, what kind of avatar picture is that?!?!?!
Sacrilege. I learned new English word! :dancing:

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Look, I learned Slovak

zvláštne žena. :pound:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

RickD wrote:Look, I learned Slovak

zvláštne žena. :pound:
No, you have not! It is grammaticaly wrong!

#foreverinmyheart