Conflict resolution

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Conflict resolution

Post by 1over137 »

FL and BW, God bless you. y@};-
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

ultimate777 wrote:
[A Christian is] Someone who belives that Jesus is God who came to Earth to save us from evil in this life and Hell in the next.
Wrong answer!

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

ultimate777 wrote:
RickD wrote:Ultimate777,

Your profile says you are Christian. How do you define Christian? In other words, what makes you a Christian?
Someone who belives that Jesus is God who came to Earth to save us from evil in this life and Hell in the next.

Don't be suprised if I do not reply to any replies to my answer, period :esmile:
Never seen the definition of a Christian before...
Do you believe that or is that how you best express what you believe?

You write more like an agnostic than a Christian, IMO.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

B. W. wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:I think a good idea on conflict resolution is for each party to tell the other what he thinks is the other's position without judgment as much as possible.

For instance, something I don't think I can stay here unless we all can understand each other:

Replies from 1over or Paul and others on many threads make me wonder if I even belong here because I cannot convince them about my views on resposibility or they convince me.

IMHO they maintain God has little responsibility with what people do and what happens to people because of their actions they have coming.

Can you be accurate and non-judgemental in stating my views?
Sorry ultimate777 I have no idea what you are trying to say.

I just returned from a clothing drive / distribution to Cheyenne River and Standing Rock Reservations. There is a third world country within the USA and we do what we can to help others find hope in Christ by being the extension of Christ's Jesus' hands, feet, and actions where we have been assigned in life. We live in a dark broken world filled with folks that nit pick rather than shinning light. So, which are you?

From what I read of your post in the few hours of my return from the past five days, you appear to be entrenched in a certain view of predestination - if that is the case - what has the Lord predestined you to become? What is the extent of your demonstrated faith?

P. S. I would like to publicly say a personal word of Thanks to FL, who kindly sent personal support to help defer the cost of fuel so that the clothes were distributed to those in dire need. Again, thank you FL!
I believe that what actually happens to us is not predestined.

I believe that how we would react to any one of an inifinate number of things is predestined.

I will give you an example. Let's say when the economy goes up wife beating goes down and vice versa to the same extent as the economy moves.

That means there are men who beat their wives now who would not if the economy were better. There are other men who don't beat their wives now who would if the economy were worse.

If I had the time and the energy I could come up with many such examples.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

1over137 wrote:FL and BW, God bless you. y@};-
Do you accept my reply to your last reply to me? If not why not?
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

ultimate777 wrote:....I believe that what actually happens to us is not predestined.

I believe that how we would react to any one of an inifinate number of things is predestined.

I will give you an example. Let's say when the economy goes up wife beating goes down and vice versa to the same extent as the economy moves.

That means there are men who beat their wives now who would not if the economy were better. There are other men who don't beat their wives now who would if the economy were worse.

So, what you are saying is that the conflict you have with Hana is based on your concept of predestination you stated above?

Still not following your logic on this. Can you clarify what conflict resolution you are seeking to employ here?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

ultimate777 wrote:
1over137 wrote:FL and BW, God bless you. y@};-
Do you accept my reply to your last reply to me? If not why not?
So, if I understand you correctly, we should be working on understanding of our views. Ok, let's work on it.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

This thread is making me want to stick bamboo slivers under my fingernails. y:O2
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote:This thread is making me want to stick bamboo slivers under my fingernails. y:O2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOnw5WqLxjA
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

B. W. wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:....I believe that what actually happens to us is not predestined.

So, what you are saying is that the conflict you have with Hana is based on your concept of predestination you stated above?

Still not following your logic on this. Can you clarify what conflict resolution you are seeking to employ here?
-
-
-
0P.S. 1
B. W. wrote:

-
-
-
I'm sorry I waited so long. I was so upset at my failure to make myself clear, a particular sore spot with me which I fear others on the interet pick up on and exploit even when they understand perfectly.

I think I misread someone's post to think they brought predestination into this. I suppose on occasion I can do what I crticize others for doing consistently :pound:

However, I think what I said should be thought provoking even if based on a misunderstanding.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

ultimate777 wrote:
B. W. wrote:So, what you are saying is that the conflict you have with Hana is based on your concept of predestination you stated above?

I'm sorry I waited so long. I was so upset at my failure to make myself clear, a particular sore spot with me which I fear others on the interet pick up on and exploit even when they understand perfectly.

I think I misread someone's post to think they brought predestination into this. I suppose on occasion I can do what I crticize others for doing consistently :pound:

However, I think what I said should be thought provoking even if based on a misunderstanding.
Can I ask why is the subject of predestination such a sore spot with you?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys