Some who might judge me

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
ultimate777
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Some who might judge me

Post by ultimate777 »

Here is a story to illustrate a problem I have with some who might judge me. It might even be close to a parable.

There was this guy who decided to take up target shooting with a rifle. He was stupified at how quick and easy it was to get as good as he believed he could. He thought he would be a cinch at shooting ducks in the sky with his rifle.

No matter how hard he tried he could never hit a duck. He was almost in total despair. A friend of his told him "Get a shotgun and some birdshot shells. And don't aim at the duck aim in front of it. You'll get some ducks if you do it right."

The man thought it was a silly idea but he was so desperate he tried it anyhow.

IT WORKED!!! The guy did not get a duck anywhere near every shot, but he got enough for a great feast.
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Some who might judge me

Post by 1over137 »

ultimate777 wrote:Here is a story to illustrate a problem I have with some who might judge me. It might even be close to a parable.

There was this guy who decided to take up target shooting with a rifle. He was stupified at how quick and easy it was to get as good as he believed he could. He thought he would be a cinch at shooting ducks in the sky with his rifle.

No matter how hard he tried he could never hit a duck. He was almost in total despair. A friend of his told him "Get a shotgun and some birdshot shells. And don't aim at the duck aim in front of it. You'll get some ducks if you do it right."

The man thought it was a silly idea but he was so desperate he tried it anyhow.

IT WORKED!!! The guy did not get a duck anywhere near every shot, but he got enough for a great feast.
I do not understand what this is about, but one thing: only God can judge.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart