Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
ClassicalTeacher
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by ClassicalTeacher »

1over137 wrote:Yeah, inherited nice collection of smileys. I plan to enlarge that. :wave:

And welcome, Jack.
Can I ask you what the significance is of "1/137"?
1over137
Technical Admin
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

JackHectorman wrote:
1over137 wrote:Yeah, inherited nice collection of smileys. I plan to enlarge that. :wave:

And welcome, Jack.
Thanks for the welcome 1over137, I appreciate it.

The Internet is a fascinating place to be sure, full of interesting people and places. Are you really from Slovakia? (I ask that because some people select far away places as their location just to have fun.) Anyway, I went and read-up a little on Slovakia. The CIA WORLD FACTBOOK says Slovakia is mostly a Christian country: "Religions: Roman Catholic 68.9%, Protestant 10.8%, Greek Catholic 4.1%, other or unspecified 3.2%, none 13% (2001 census)"

Are there a large number of Christian churches in Slovakia?

Have you ever visited the United States?

♫ ♪
I am indeed from Slovakia, the centre of Europe.

As for churches as buildings: almost every village has church.
As for churches as bodies of people: well, ... (this is for another thread)

I was in Redmond with my fiance when he worked for Microsoft. We were there for 3 months and were making trips in weekends.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
JackHectorman
Recognized Member
Sex: Male

Post by JackHectorman »

ClassicalTeacher wrote:HEEEEYYYY Jack!!! So glad to see you here! Yeah! This is a great place for sure! Am enjoying myself thoroughly and learning even more!

Just want everyone here to know that PeteS and JackHectorman are SUPER people and even better Christians! I am honored to be their cyber-buddy and fellow lover of the Lord!

So glad to have you guys here! :wave:
/BigGrin .. Hello CT and thank you for the welcome and for your kind words y>:D< .. I'm glad to hear I'm a super guy .. lol .. I didn't know that!! :D ...anyway we do love the Lord and we're working every day on getting better and better at loving HIm. ♫ ♪

God Bless.

♫ ♪
"For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich." 2 Cor. 8:9
JackHectorman
Recognized Member

Post by JackHectorman »

1over137 wrote: I am indeed from Slovakia, the centre of Europe...
1over137, I just read some in a wiki article on Slovakia. Slovakia is a fascinating and charming country and its modernizing fast too, according to the article. "The Slovak economy is considered an advanced economy, with the country dubbed the "Tatra Tiger". Slovakia transformed from a centrally planned economy to a market-driven economy."
(Located in the section titled Economy within the article.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovakia#Religion
I was in Redmond with my fiance when he worked for Microsoft. We were there for 3 months and were making trips in weekends.
You said Redmond, and I became interested and went in search and discovered that Microsoft has a huge campus in Redmond, Washington. Some great pics of that campus here: http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/imag ... fault.mspx

"For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich." 2 Cor. 8:9
Thadeyus
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by Thadeyus »

Hello! :D

Second time lucky. :)

The board looks like a friendly place. Hope things run along smoothly between m'self and every one.

*Waves*

I'll just toddle off to where ever the Agnostics and Atheists hang out. ;)

Very much cheers to one and all.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

ClassicalTeacher wrote:

And welcome, Jack.
Sorry, I missed it previously. As a Science teacher I will let you think. :wave:

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Thadeyus wrote:Hello! :D

Second time lucky. :)

The board looks like a friendly place. Hope things run along smoothly between m'self and every one.

*Waves*

I'll just toddle off to where ever the Agnostics and Atheists hang out. ;)

Very much cheers to one and all.
Welcome, again :wave:

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Welcome Thadeyus. :D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
ClassicalTeacher
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by ClassicalTeacher »

1over137 wrote:
ClassicalTeacher wrote:

And welcome, Jack.
Sorry, I missed it previously. As a Science teacher I will let you think. :wave:
I had to look it up. Never heard of it before. But then again, I never took any classes in astro-biology. And, I've never taught physics. I've taught physical science, but not physics. This 1/137 is way over my head. Found an interesting explanation, though. Thought you'd like to check it out: http://www.astrobio.net/pressrelease/2674/1-137
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

ClassicalTeacher wrote:
1over137 wrote:
ClassicalTeacher wrote:

And welcome, Jack.
I had to look it up. Never heard of it before. But then again, I never took any classes in astro-biology. And, I've never taught physics. I've taught physical science, but not physics. This 1/137 is way over my head. Found an interesting explanation, though. Thought you'd like to check it out: http://www.astrobio.net/pressrelease/2674/1-137
Yes, it is fine structure constant. Sorry, I thought you also taught Physics. It is fascinating field.

#foreverinmyheart
CazPerth
Recognized Member

Post by CazPerth »

1over137 wrote:
Yes, it is fine structure constant. Sorry, I thought you also taught Physics. It is fascinating field.
How interesting I spent a nice couple of hours reading up on that, thanks Hanna
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

CazPerth wrote:
1over137 wrote:
How interesting I spent a nice couple of hours reading up on that, thanks Hanna
Yeah, physics is sooo nice :D

#foreverinmyheart
SeanOsborne
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by SeanOsborne »

Just signed up, first post should properly be here in the Introductions. I'm one of the born-again Bride of Christ, have been for over 40 years now. I am a Biblical eschatologist; I am fairly well-known in the community of Biblical eschatologists and have maintained my own 'Eschatology Today' blog since 2009. I am convinced that we are living in the last days (years actually) prior to the establishment of Christ's Millennial Kingdom. I believe in the imminence of a pre-70th Week Harpazo for the bride of Christ.

I am here because the forum I had belonged to until very recently had suddenly taken a very hard-line, uncompromising and frankly unChristian attitude regarding any post having to do with Old Earth Creationism, or Berean investigation of the original Hebrew text of Genesis (Be-reshit) for greater insights into what our Omnipotent God spoke into existence. I have been a fan of Dr. Gerald Schroeder since watching him on a television series broadcast by the late-Zola Levitt about a decade or so ago.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Welcome to the board, SeanOsborne. :wave:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Welcome Sean, you will find no oppression here, we accept all creation perspectives or lack there of.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.