Do we really want to stay there?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
ultimate777
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Do we really want to stay there?

Post by ultimate777 »

I don't know if many of us are aware of this:

3.If you receive hostility, or a caution from a moderator, be gracious enough to leave the associated discussion/s politely.

I got this from discussion guidelines, but since no one has left a message there for about a year I took the liberty of putting it here.

About the hostility part, do we really want to stay there? Really?

A Christian Website is asking us to reward hostility by the higher ups?

Should not those in authority be held to higher standards than the rest of us?

I would be content if this is just really thought over by those in charge and a lot of the others. And there was feedback that I saw.

But I want it in the conciousness of all concerned
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Do we really want to stay there?

Post by RickD »

Ultimate777,

Try reading this:
3.If you receive hostility, or a caution from a moderator, be gracious enough to leave the associated discussion/s politely.

Like this instead:
3.If you receive hostility (from a member), or a caution from a moderator, be gracious enough to leave the associated discussion/s politely.

Does it make sense now?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
ultimate777
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Do we really want to stay there?

Post by ultimate777 »

RickD wrote:Ultimate777,

Try reading this:

Like this instead:
3.If you receive hostility (from a member), or a caution from a moderator, be gracious enough to leave the associated discussion/s politely.

Does it make sense now?

Yes it does, in fact I re-read the thing before reading your reply, and I got it then. I am actually very relieved. Sorry to you and all for getting it wrong.
When you are right, you are right.

But what does "be gracious enough to leave the associated discussion/s politely.[/quote]" mean, especially in regards to "If you receive hostility (from a member)?" Well I guess it means "don't neccessarily stay out of the discussion if you don't want to, but play nice if you stay in, instead of playing tit for tat, or especially escalating, even if you take offense at some other member's attitude." I suppose there is more than one of us that can learn from that.

I guess if I make statements here I need to have a question that fits with them.

Maybe that last one I should have asked simply "What do you think of what I just said?:)"