Catch Up!

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Catch Up!

Post by Murray »

Hey everyone!

I'm sure most of you noticed i've taken a near year absence, so I thought I just fill everyone in!

Last year I was In north dakota in Welding School While at the Same time working for a Christian oil company as a welder. I just recently graduated top of my class with 6 certifications in welding, straight A's in all my classes, and great work resume!

and I have so decided this year to stay home close to my sick mother and with all my great bible buddies and attend college in Richmond at VCU for mechanical engineering before returning to the oil fields.

Spiritually wise it's been a bit rough but i've soldiered on. I struggled with drinking a bit with my fellow welders, picked up chewing, and really was slacking on my bible/ theology readings. But pretty much the second I returned home and was surrounded by my massive wave of fellow supportive christians I got my self straight again. I'm now the historian/ lesson planner for our massive non-denominational bible outreach group here in stafford. I know that may be a bit shocking to some of you considering how minimal my biblical knowledge used to be, but my horizons really expanded my senior year of high school when i did almost nothing in all of my classes except read the bible and then go home and read about each book in depth ( thus the 2.5 GPA).

I'm now currently methodist, and for some reason feel very drawn to catholicism and now all my friends use the arguments against Catholicism i told told them again me :lol:

I'm also now trying to compete in Crossfit competitions :ebiggrin:

Well I hope that fills everybody in, and if your new here, well now you know me.

Oh, and i'm trying to come back to this forum for good.

:amen:
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Catch Up!

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

What is it that attracts you to Roman Catholicism?

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Welcome back Murray, I am glad you are back on the narrow path.

What is chewing? Tobacco? If it is I would definitely give that the flick ASAP!!

Looking forward to seeing some more of you.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:What is it that attracts you to Roman Catholicism?

FL

No idea, to be honest.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Murray wrote:Hey everyone!

I'm sure most of you noticed i've taken a near year absence, so I thought I just fill everyone in!

Last year I was In north dakota in Welding School While at the Same time working for a Christian oil company as a welder. I just recently graduated top of my class with 6 certifications in welding, straight A's in all my classes, and great work resume!

and I have so decided this year to stay home close to my sick mother and with all my great bible buddies and attend college in Richmond at VCU for mechanical engineering before returning to the oil fields.

Spiritually wise it's been a bit rough but i've soldiered on. I struggled with drinking a bit with my fellow welders, picked up chewing, and really was slacking on my bible/ theology readings. But pretty much the second I returned home and was surrounded by my massive wave of fellow supportive christians I got my self straight again. I'm now the historian/ lesson planner for our massive non-denominational bible outreach group here in stafford. I know that may be a bit shocking to some of you considering how minimal my biblical knowledge used to be, but my horizons really expanded my senior year of high school when i did almost nothing in all of my classes except read the bible and then go home and read about each book in depth ( thus the 2.5 GPA)...

Murray...

1 Co 15:33 is great advice...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

B. W. wrote:
Murray wrote:Hey everyone!

Spiritually wise it's been a bit rough but i've soldiered on. I struggled with drinking a bit with my fellow welders, picked up chewing, and really was slacking on my bible/ theology readings. But pretty much the second I returned home and was surrounded by my massive wave of fellow supportive christians I got my self straight again. I'm now the historian/ lesson planner for our massive non-denominational bible outreach group here in stafford. I know that may be a bit shocking to some of you considering how minimal my biblical knowledge used to be, but my horizons really expanded my senior year of high school when i did almost nothing in all of my classes except read the bible and then go home and read about each book in depth ( thus the 2.5 GPA)...

Murray...

1 Co 15:33 is great advice...
-
-
-
Love it B.W, the truth in that is astounding!

reminds me of proverbs 24:1-2 as well