Is Mother Teresa in Hell?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
...In Heaven...
Acquainted Member

Is Mother Teresa in Hell?

Post by ...In Heaven... »

(More problems with Islam)

I actually found an Islamic website which has an entire article devoted to explaining why people like Princess Diana and Mother Teresa are in hell:
http://www.submission.org/teresa.html

Some forms of Islam actually believe that you can be pardoned from hell:
http://www.answering-christianity.com/hell.htm
...Even Satan.

It also says the majority of people in hell will be women, so I guess that says something about Islam's view of females.

So far I have alot of philosophical problems with their doctrine of Hell. Is the idea also true with Christianity that someone can be prayed out of hell, like in Catholic doctrine? What do you think?
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

It is sad how Muslims can quote from the Bible and think they are proving their position when in fact they are taking such verses right out of context to miss the message entirely while avoiding all the other evidence that supports the truth about Jesus.

I noticed on the first site linked to how one's admission to heaven (and to which tier of heaven one will be allocated) is also dependent on one's own righteousness.
Princess Diana is supposedly now in heaven because she died before she was 40 years old (the age of responsibility) and "was not a sinful person" (but haven't we all sinned?) whereas Mother Theresa, who was older than 40, is now in hell because (despite her life-long commitment to charitable works) she was supposedly an idolator having worshipped Jesus.
Oh my! Islam has it so wrong.

Mainstream Christian belief has the view that it is in this life where you decide for or against Jesus, and after death there is no more choice.
If you remain a non-Christian at death, then God respects your decision and your situation is eternal separation from Him, or hell.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Is Mother Teresa in Hell?

Post by Kurieuo »

...In Heaven... wrote:So far I have alot of philosophical problems with their doctrine of Hell. Is the idea also true with Christianity that someone can be prayed out of hell, like in Catholic doctrine? What do you think?
Catholics believe in purgatory, and that such can be prayed for by the living to be less. However, according to my knowledge they do not believe that one can be prayed out of hell.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

Dr Dobson had a Muslim/Christian (now) guest on last night and it was quite intesting. Should be on the Focus on the Family Website.
Veronica
Recognized Member

Post by Veronica »

Catholics believe in purgatory, and that such can be prayed for by the living to be less. However, according to my knowledge they do not believe that one can be prayed out of hell.

Kurieuo.
No, Catholics do not beleive someone can be prayed out of hell. I'm certain of that.

For more information on purgatory(for those who are intersted): http://catholiceducation.org/articles/a ... p0091.html
From a talk by Scott Hahn^^ :)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Veronica wrote:
No, Catholics do not beleive someone can be prayed out of hell. I'm certain of that.
That's what I said. ;)

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Veronica
Recognized Member

Post by Veronica »

Sorry, just thought you sounded slightly uncertain. ;) :)