"6 Reasons to NOT Send Your Daughter to College"

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

"6 Reasons to NOT Send Your Daughter to College"

Post by Ivellious »

I saw a friend post this on facebook the other day, and, needless to say, I don't agree with it at all.

http://www.fixthefamily.com/blog/6-reas ... to-college

Essentially, this organization lays out a lengthy and detailed argument for why parents should not allow their daughters to go to college, with reasons ranging from "she might run into people who sin in college" to "college is too expensive."

At first I was kind of amused at how ridiculous some of the arguments are, then a bit sad that people out there actually believe this is true. I found it interesting that even some conservative Christians posted on the link, calling it out as misguided and insulting, so it got me wondering whether anyone on here has something to say about it. Thoughts?
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes

Re: "6 Reasons to NOT Send Your Daughter to College"

Post by Mallz »

I didn't even need to read it all (got through some of every main point). Horribly sexist. Completely Un-Christian and promoting blind submission. Is this from polygamists? It would sure help their agenda.
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

actually, the site says they advocate strict Catholic teachings. Most of the stuff on the site is about protecting the "biblical family structure", including the general submission of women to men and, apparently, making sure women are uneducated compared to men.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes

Post by Mallz »

Which is one example as to why the Catholic religion has separated itself as a whole from the Church of Christ :(