The subject must be changed

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
ultimate777
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

The subject must be changed

Post by ultimate777 »

Why is it neccesary so often here to change the subject of an origional post before dealing with it? When you do that I can't hear what you are saying, regardless how long.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The subject must be changed

Post by RickD »

ultimate777 wrote:Why is it neccesary so often here to change the subject of an origional post before dealing with it? When you do that I can't hear what you are saying, regardless how long.
Jupiter is called the "Great Protector" because a lot of asteroids get destroyed flying into Jupiter, instead of reaching earth.

Sorry, you made it too easy! :mrgreen: y>:D<
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

ultimate777 wrote:Why is it neccesary so often here to change the subject of an origional post before dealing with it? When you do that I can't hear what you are saying, regardless how long.

Because by discussing one subject it inevitably requires the discussion of other subject which relate to the original.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:

Because by discussing one subject it inevitably requires the discussion of other subject which relate to the original.
For example I wanted to discuss why I thought it would be better if Jesus had never left Earth. Nobody even wanted to touch the question but they had volumes to write about the Holy Spirit. They did not respect my wishes despite my best efforts to make them clear. And I have seen them do the same sort of thing to others with similar questions. I hope some day when in a strange building they ask for directions to the rest room when in dire need and the are told they would be better off in whatever is the room the furthest away and given instructions repeatedly on how to get there :ewink:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Ultimate777,

You could've been more specific in your question, or tried to word it differently. For example, you could've asked, "What does Christianity/bible teach is the reason that Jesus had to leave the earth? And, why couldn't He have remained?"
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

RickD wrote:Ultimate777,

You could've been more specific in your question, or tried to word it differently. For example, you could've asked, "What does Christianity/bible teach is the reason that Jesus had to leave the earth? And, why couldn't He have remained?"

Thanks for the good advice. I've already applied it, I think, if no technical difficulties. I thought I had replied to this meesage before, also :shakehead:
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

Ultimate wrote:For example I wanted to discuss why I thought it would be better if Jesus had never left Earth. Nobody even wanted to touch the question but they had volumes to write about the Holy Spirit.
That is not true that nobody wanted to touch the question.

Why Holy Spirit? Because He was replaced by Holy Spirit. Why Jesus did not stay? Maybe he wanted to be with Father again?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart