have you guys seen this? (Prophet summons ufo)

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

have you guys seen this? (Prophet summons ufo)

Post by Mastermind »

Some dude claims to be a prophet of God (who apparently is an alien) and summoned an UFO in front of an ABC news crew:

http://www.filecabi.net/v.php?file=ufoondemand.wmv

Haven't checked to see if it's real but the video is on ABC's site so I think it is.
Are you threatening me Master Skeptic?
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No

Re: have you guys seen this? (Prophet summons ufo)

Post by Believer »

Mastermind wrote:Some dude claims to be a prophet of God (who apparently is an alien) and summoned an UFO in front of an ABC news crew:

http://www.filecabi.net/v.php?file=ufoondemand.wmv

Haven't checked to see if it's real but the video is on ABC's site so I think it is.
Very interesting indeed. It is possible it was real, usually, and this is my opinion, behind every/some urban legend, there is truth. We think there is life on Mars, scientists find something that could support life or there are unintelligent lifeforms, but still life. I'm not saying every urban legend is true but when something new hits the media that is phenomanal or something out of this world, there could be truth to it.
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

http://www.prophetyahweh.com/

And for $7.95 you can see it all. :)

It seems that at least most skeptics view the video in the clip as paranormal. He also said that between June 1st and july 17ty many more will be seen, including one low enough so that the entire Las Vegas will see it.

The money thing has me skeptical though.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/ufovideo/

More there...
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

August wrote:http://www.prophetyahweh.com/

And for $7.95 you can see it all. :)

It seems that at least most skeptics view the video in the clip as paranormal. He also said that between June 1st and july 17ty many more will be seen, including one low enough so that the entire Las Vegas will see it.

The money thing has me skeptical though.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/ufovideo/

More there...
He has billts to pay. He claims to not use the money for profit. I don't really care how much he charges to be honest. I'm much more interested in whether he really can summon UFOs or not.
Kelly
Familiar Member

Post by Kelly »

Jeez, now I'm beginning to see why a scientific discussion is so difficult on this board...
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Jeez, now I'm beginning to see why a scientific discussion is so difficult on this board...
So you don't believe the prophet calls up UFO's? :D

It's totally scientific, they have cameras and journalists and everything, they had the hypothesis, the experiment with its parameters and a conclusion. /sarc
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Kelly
Familiar Member

Post by Kelly »

I guess I find it sad when the faithful need to resort to such desperate means to find evidence for their beliefs.

If this is representative of even a significant minority of the faithful, society's collective ability to teach our children the principles of reasoned thought and the scientific methods which support it are indeed in very big trouble.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Kelly wrote:I guess I find it sad when the faithful need to resort to such desperate means to find evidence for their beliefs.

If this is representative of even a significant minority of the faithful, society's collective ability to teach our children the principles of reasoned thought and the scientific methods which support it are indeed in very big trouble.
What beliefs? That Yahweh is an alien and is going to invade Earth with his flying saucers? :roll:
Dan
Valued Member

Post by Dan »

Could we please tone down the use of His holiest name? I feel uncomfortable with it's usage and if I were a jew it would be even more awkward. Let's not use His most sacred name so wastefully ok?
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

i saw those lights before, up close. the whole experience was pretty scary. they're demons i tell you. :shock:
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
The edge
Established Member

Post by The edge »

No UFO?
...In Heaven...
Acquainted Member

RE:

Post by ...In Heaven... »

The guy is a fake. Our local news station as well as a few other shows which featured him, payed him to summon UFOs on screen, and nothing happened. They also went into a discussion with people who highly doubted him.
clwinche
Newbie Member

Post by clwinche »

I especially enjoyed the portion of the clip mentioning how the seer claimed a voice speaks to him in his mind about UFOs.
ray
Recognized Member

ufo

Post by ray »

I found it interesting that they said it headed towards an air force base. I think that if you stood near an air force base or airport, you would most likely see something. If he was able to do as he claims one would think he would have one land so it can be seen clearly.

Ray