How would you respond to this?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
WannaLearn
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

How would you respond to this?

Post by WannaLearn »

Here are some questions from Atheist.

religion was made up to keep us in control while trying to seperate us thru many other religions. we kill each other over religion so that makes it evil. forget the world. they have their own selves to find. find ur self and learn to love urself and once u master this balance of alignment u will be able to start living in peace. do not try to change others. let them be and let them find their own balance. world peace is fiction. inner peace is our sanction and then ur life has true meaning.

i believe that we r biological computer simulations. we r terminators with emotions. we r energy and we have always existed and we always will. too much mind control and we will be tormented in hell cause we will always exists and if ur inner mind is messed with too much its like going insane but living ur thoughts after death. but if u can keep ur mind clean and just croak then u will feel beautiful bliss and u wont care if ur with family or not cause the feeling is too amazing to describe.
PeteSinCA
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: How would you respond to this?

Post by PeteSinCA »

Oy! What a mess! Responses to some of the points:
religion was made up to keep us in control while trying to seperate us thru many other religions.
Where's the documentation/proof of this grand conspiracy theory? Who are the "they" who are supposedly controlling the "us"? What charms does a society that permits murder, theft, rape, kidnapping, fraud, etc. hold for this atheist acquaintance/friend? Why have religions often helped motivate rebellions against rulers who, presumably, are the "controllers"? Why do the religions of Judaism and Christianity, in fact, support and encourage vast personal freedoms (career paths, arts, science)? What religion(s) motivated the numerous wars in Europe in the 18th, 19th and 20th Centuries (and latter half of the 17th Century; and the 14th and 15th Centuries)?
we kill each other over religion so that makes it evil.
"We kill each other (with guns), so that makes (guns) evil." "We kill each other (for money and possessions), so that makes (money and possessions) evil." "(Men) kill each other (for women), so that makes (women) evil." "We kill each other (for national territories), so that makes (nations) evil." This claim is a non sequitor, and, frankly, a rather silly one that has to ignore a lot of contrary realities. "Epicurean" (as in the ancient atheist philosopher) is an adjective denoting self-indulgence, not compassion; hospitals, modern universities and modern science methods are all but inventions of the Jewish and Christian religions.
forget the world. they have their own selves to find. find ur self and learn to love urself and once u master this balance of alignment u will be able to start living in peace.
Turning inward and indulging selfishness will never bring peace: not to nations; not to communities; not to individual people. In those contexts selfishness will yield, respectively: war and xenophobia; crime and chauvinisms such as racism; conflict, depression and disease.
i believe that we r biological computer simulations. we r terminators with emotions. we r energy and we have always existed and we always will.
The Matrix and the Terminator movie series are fictional entertainment, not serious ways of life or theories of reality. But if you're a computer simulation or eternal energy (contradictory, but maybe the contradiction is a computer simulation, too?), I could kill you without killing (you're eternal energy) anything (you're a simulation, not anything real).

Honestly, WL, whether your post is the lines thrown at you by one atheist, is a composite of the lines of several atheists, or your own lines put, metaphorically, into the mouth(s) of others, these lines are hurdles and walls meant to prevent/preclude serious discussion, not serious ideas.
Soapy Pete's Box

So I'll stand // With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One Who gave it all - The Stand, Hillsong United

"To a world that was lost, He gave all He could give.
To show us the reason to live."
"We Are the Reason" by David Meece

"So why should I worry?
Why should I fret?
'Cause I've got a Mansion Builder
Who ain't through with me yet" - 2nd Chapter of Acts