Jesus after the ressurection

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
ultimate777
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Jesus after the ressurection

Post by ultimate777 »

What does Christianity/bible teach is the reason that Jesus had to leave the earth? And, why couldn't He have remained?
WannaLearn
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Jesus after the ressurection

Post by WannaLearn »

He came to save us. He is the only thing that could save us because he was the perfect sacrifice. He lived a sinless life to die for are sins so that we may enter the kingdom of heaven with out that we are all destined for hell. And why would he need to stay?He came to do what he had to do to save us.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

ultimate777 wrote:What does Christianity/bible teach is the reason that Jesus had to leave the earth? And, why couldn't He have remained?
Again, as in the other thread, we were discussing this issue; therefore again, Christ is still here...

John 17:23, I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.

John 14:16-18, And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

Col 1:27, To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

The problem is with us, mostly ignoring his promptings and guidance, etc...

In fact, John 16:7 answers your question very well, please read:

Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
-
-
-
All bible quotes from the NKJV
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

WannaLearn wrote:He came to save us. He is the only thing that could save us because he was the perfect sacrifice. He lived a sinless life to die for are sins so that we may enter the kingdom of heaven with out that we are all destined for hell. And why would he need to stay?He came to do what he had to do to save us.
I may have to overexplain to make myself clear.

1. Some people would reject Him no matter how long he stayed on Earth or what He did or said anywhere.

2. Others would accept Him no matter what.

3. Many people would either accept or reject him depending on how strong they felt the evidence was.
Is it not more decent to stack the odds in their favor as much as possible
by staying on Earth.

Seems I remember a parable about a shepherd going after a lost sheep, even when it meant his being away from the ones not lost.
I don't recall how long the shepherd had resolved to look before he gave up.

Maybe things are right and wrong just because God wants them to be right and wrong.
Maybe God can do anything he wants, NO EXCEPTIONS. (what part of "no" don't you understand :ebiggrin: )

Then we just have to accept His will, if he says nothing outside of Himself can stop him from doing something.

I really hope I make myself clear y[-o<
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

ultimate777 wrote:What does Christianity/bible teach is the reason that Jesus had to leave the earth? And, why couldn't He have remained?
BW answered it fully.
Jesus left to pave the way for the HS.
The issue is, what does that mean for us?

IMO, the gift of the HS is explained here:
1John 2:27
As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.

The HS is Christ's and The Father's gift to us, a gift that allows us "access" to Christ at all times, all we have to do is listen.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

PaulSacramento wrote:
BW answered it fully.

Not to me he didn't. He keeps avoiding the issue.
Jesus left to pave the way for the HS.
The issue is, what does that mean for us?

IMO, the gift of the HS is explained here:
1John 2:27

As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.

The HS is Christ's and The Father's gift to us, a gift that allows us "access" to Christ at all times, all we have to do is listen.
But first something has to make a person believe before he can listen.

Can't anybody understand what I am trying to say?

Tell me what I am trying to say, I'll correct you where your wrong, you try again, probably do better, I'll correct you if you are still wrong, you try again and probably do better, etc. etc. when we finally agree then we'll discuss either what I want to discuss, or whether we should. If we think this is tedious, but we persevere we may help in constructing a formula for world peace.

Look, I don't have to be right, I just have to be understood and the resposes to me make clear that I am understood. Is that asking too much? And this goes for almost everything I discuss.
If I had my mind made up about something, what need would I have to even bring it up? But for others to dance around or dodge or ignore the issue smells.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

The answer to send forth the Holy Spirit to reside within the life of a believer so that they can become the hands, feet, body of Christ on earth. In fact, Jesus said so himself on this matter. What is it that you find hard too understand about this?

As for Remaining - hmmm - how was he treated then and you desire to put someone through that for almost 2000 years? Yet he is here within Christians and they are still mistreated, mocked, abused, killed, bombed, ridiculed - nothing has changed. Not sure why you cannot see this - that he still remains...
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

The answer to send forth the Holy Spirit to reside within the life of a believer so that they can become the hands, feet, body of Christ on earth. In fact, Jesus said so himself on this matter. What is it that you find hard too understand about this?

As for Remaining - hmmm - how was he treated then and you desire to put someone through that for almost 2000 years? Yet he is here within Christians and they are still mistreated, mocked, abused, killed, bombed, ridiculed - nothing has changed. Not sure why you cannot see this - that he still remains...
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb: