Will God help guide me in life?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
JoOky
Newbie Member

Will God help guide me in life?

Post by JoOky »

Hello I'm new to this forum and im currently a christian. I was wondering would god help me and guide me in life. And would he help me to get what I want if I pray hard enough like better grades in school or become more knowledgeable? Please help!!! Sometimes I feel that he isn't really there for me

Am I consider not a christian if I havent baptised yet?
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No

Re: Will God help guide me in life?

Post by Felgar »

JoOky wrote:Am I consider not a christian if I havent baptised yet?
Anyone who believes in Jesus Christ is in my opinion, a Christian. That's irrespective of having been baptised. Having said that, I think baptism is part of our walk with God.

With regards to God helping you, He definately will. But it's a little tricky because God's intention is for you to Love Him with all your Heart, Soul, and Mind. A big part of that is being committed to learning about Him, praising Him, etc. Also a big part of that is to seek His plan for you and to submit to it. You can believe in God but then not do what you know He wants. If you feel called to go to University but decide to start a band (for instance) then you're straying from God and the provisions that He has promised. Now He'll never forsake us, but I believe that to receive a great many of God's blessings we need to actually be in a position to accept them, and for that it is important that we are seeking and following God's will for us.