Evolution - Resource Thread

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Evolution - Resource Thread

Post by Gman »

neo-x wrote:Please this is not a debate thread.
Every topic can be debated.. Why can't this one be?
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
hughfarey
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by hughfarey »

Hi Gman. If this one stays as a simple collection of articles, we can debate them over on the new thread - Complexity [Split from Resources].
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Gman wrote:
neo-x wrote:
We disagree, i am pretty clear on what I meant as fact. Evolution is a fact as far as I consider it, if you disagree then disagree and I understand that. But this is not a rebuttal thread. If you like to challenge some reported paper or fact here please start a new thread and if I could add something to it i will.

I think you should let the reader decide that because that is why I haven't posted my opinions in this thread but resources for Christian people who do find themselves at odds with Christians and don't want to go to atheist boards to look up stuff.
Again.. You are in error. You do not understand evolution.. There are differences of weights in the evolutionary belief system. While microevolution can be seen, macroevolution CANNOT be seen. It is simply a BELIEF based on a few facts. It dose not have all the facts. It is a very weak belief... Sorry, dream.
Call it whatever you may, I really don't mind. And for such a "weak belief" you can't seem to stay away from it either. please, just don't mess the thread up, its a resource thread, you want to debate this "dream/belief" start a new thread. Why do I have to repeat this over and over? Am I asking for something unfair here? Its a very simple request.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

neo-x wrote:
Call it whatever you may, I really don't mind. And for such a "weak belief" you can't seem to stay away from it either. please, just don't mess the thread up, its a resource thread, you want to debate this "dream/belief" start a new thread. Why do I have to repeat this over and over? Am I asking for something unfair here? Its a very simple request.
Doesn't work that way.. You trash other peoples topics so this is an open topic.

Your belief in marco-evolution is weak... More posts coming.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:
Your belief in marco-evolution is weak
What about his belief in Marco Polo?

Marco...Polo...Hey, you peeked!!!!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Geez you people are as bad as the fundy Y.E.Cers, stop acting like children.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Geez you people are as bad as the fundy Y.E.Cers, stop acting like children.
:mom: :baby: :hissyfit: :lalala:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Geez you people are as bad as the fundy Y.E.Cers, stop acting like children.
Now that's an insult. Who'd want to be affiliated with the likes of Jac? :poke:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Everyone knows that evolution is not completely factual.. Even a hard core atheist knows this. So yes, it is a weak belief but especially when we talk about macro-evolution. Seriously, you have to have more faith to believe in that than G-d.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
Ouch!

Jac and Ken Hammy, sittin in a tree

E-v-o-l v-i-n-g

:pound:

I really need to go to bed. :sleep:

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:

Ha ha Jac is not a fundy, he respects other interpretations even if he doesn't agree. I was more talking about the likes of Ken Ham etc... and possibly other people on this board who are quick to condemn people and compare them to Baal worshipers. ;)
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Gman wrote:
Everyone knows that evolution is not completely factual.. Even a hard core atheist knows this. So yes, it is a weak belief but especially when we talk about macro-evolution. Seriously, you have to have more faith to believe in that than G-d.

I agree Gman that evolution is not complete, but have some respect for Neo's purpose in this post and take the debate to another post.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:

Ha ha Jac is not a fundy, he respects other interpretations even if he doesn't agree. I was more talking about the likes of Ken Ham etc... and possibly other people on this board who are quick to condemn people and compare them to Baal worshipers. ;)
Daniel,

Mine plus yours makes 2 Ken Ham references in the same thread. Jac's gonna be pissed! :twisted:

-Edward R Murrow

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
I agree Gman that evolution is not complete, but have some respect for Neo's purpose in this post and take the debate to another post.
Have respect for a post that promotes lies? Sorry, this post is not a higher authority... :roll:

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Gman wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Have respect for a post that promotes lies? Sorry, this post is not a higher authority... :roll:
:shakehead: