Evolution - Resource Thread

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Evolution - Resource Thread

Post by neo-x »

Gman wrote:
neo-x wrote:No it was you actually who changed the topic to a discussion when it was a resource thread with links only.
No.. You asked me "do you hold that God is a fact? if you do, you have to show me empirical proof otherwise you shouldn't be asking me." You changed your "so called" science threads into a discussion about the existence G-d.

I'm moving this topic to the philosophy section..
Thank you for respecting the thread's purpose.
And then you start posting links form http://www.talkorigins.org? So show us in your links some real transitional forms.. Or the creation of consciousnesses.
there are plenty of other links on fossils and i am not required to show you anything on consciousness since this thread is on resources about biological evolution. And the same way you are not required to prove evolution false, same goes for me. If you are not required to prove me false, why should I be required prove I am right? Unless you prove I am wrong, you have no basis to challenge this, except disagree and had you done that, I would have had no problems too. I have learnt to take disagreements.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

neo-x wrote:Thank you for respecting the thread's purpose.
You moved it not me...
And then you start posting links form http://www.talkorigins.org? So show us in your links some real transitional forms.. Or the creation of consciousnesses.
neo-x wrote:there are plenty of other links on fossils and i am not required to show you anything on consciousness since this thread is on resources about biological evolution. And the same way you are not required to prove evolution false, same goes for me. If you are not required to prove me false, why should I be required prove I am right? Unless you prove I am wrong, you have no basis to challenge this, except disagree and had you done that, I would have had no problems too. I have learnt to take disagreements.
Like I said before you changed the topic into a topic about the existence of G-d.. Not biological evolution.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Gman wrote:
neo-x wrote:Thank you for respecting the thread's purpose.
You moved it not me...
neo-x wrote:there are plenty of other links on fossils and i am not required to show you anything on consciousness since this thread is on resources about biological evolution. And the same way you are not required to prove evolution false, same goes for me. If you are not required to prove me false, why should I be required prove I am right? Unless you prove I am wrong, you have no basis to challenge this, except disagree and had you done that, I would have had no problems too. I have learnt to take disagreements.
Like I said before you changed the topic into a topic about the existence of G-d.. Not biological evolution.
I see two kids fighting... :pillows: you did it, no you did it, no you...
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

neo-x wrote: I see two kids fighting... :pillows: you did it, no you did it, no you...
No just one kid, one adult or mod here.. ;)
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

You two remind me of the most annoying sound in the world.

For the love of all things sane, guys, guys, please stop!

I thought I was supposed to be the annoying one here! :lol:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Be happy guys, I have had enough. I can't win from you and I can't do anything about the mod who can do all he likes. I would not be a problem for you any longer.

without.

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

neo-x wrote:Be happy guys, I have had enough. I can't win from you and I can't do anything about the mod who can do all he likes. I would not be a problem for you any longer.
Yeah, I thought August stepped down when I did... but he still looks like he's a part of the moderator list. ;)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
neo-x wrote:Be happy guys, I have had enough. I can't win from you and I can't do anything about the mod who can do all he likes. I would not be a problem for you any longer.
Yeah, I thought August stepped down when I did... but he still looks like he's a part of the moderator list. ;)
Bart, Byblos, and you are still listed on the "team" as well. I guess Hana is having a difficult time letting go. :mrgreen:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Shh... I still like my hidden powers. :doh:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:Shh... I still like my hidden powers. :doh:
Do you still have access to the mod forums or moderator control panel?

-Edward R Murrow

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Bart, Byblos, and you are still listed on the "team" as well. I guess Hana is having a difficult time letting go. :mrgreen:
:esurprised: Whaaaa? :esurprised:

Had I known this some threads would've been a whole lot less revolutionary. :pound:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:

Had I known this some threads would've been a whole lot less revolutionary. :pound:
y#-o :lol:

Btw, Kurieuo is the best!

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Shh... I still like my hidden powers. :doh:
Do you still have access to the mod forums or moderator control panel?
No, I just seem able to edit people's posts still. ;)
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:
Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:

y#-o :lol:

Btw, Kurieuo is the best!
Thanks Rick! :)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

K, it's a good thing you're not a disgruntled former mod. You could really abuse this. :esurprised: :lol:

Maybe we should just ask Hana to completely reinstate your mod privileges, and welcome you back to the team? Of course you'd have to bring Byblos back with you too.

-Edward R Murrow