Your Creation stance?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
WannaLearn
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Your Creation stance?

Post by WannaLearn »

Can some of you guys give your views on your creation stance and why you believe it? I don't know to much about this topic and would like to know a lot more.
ryanbouma
Established Member

Re: Your Creation stance?

Post by ryanbouma »

I believe in creation ex nihilo, that God created the Universe at the time of the big bang out of nothing. That the scientific observations about a 14Bil year old universe is reasonable. I believe the creation story described in Genesis 1 and 2 is true, but I interpret "Day" to be a long period of time. I also believe that the order is correct, despite appearing slightly out of order is reading it casually. God created the first living organism by miraculous means, and not by fluke inorganic chemical reactions. Organisms that have lived on earth have been created uniquely by God according to His will. I am comfortable with moderate changes among species, like a leopard and a snow leopard, due to environment. But God may have created them uniquely as well. I believe God created one man, and one women out of that man and placed them in a "good" garden. I believe when they sinned, creation did not change, but their soul was burdened by the death of sin. I believe God is now resting from his creation work. I label my creation stance Progressive Creation, or Day Age Creation.

The organization Reasons to Believe lines up with my views nearly 100%.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I lean towards Theistic Evolution as that is where I think the evidence points but I do not hold dogmatically to that, I still think Y.E.C & O.E.C are possibilities.
Whatever the case may be I still believe that there is an intellect behind it all, only nothing comes from nothing so there need to be something that is unmoved.

I hope this makes my position clear. lol
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Hi Wannalearn,

I believe in OEC/Progressive creationism, just like the owner of GodandScience.org, and also Reasons.org believes here. I believe it because I see it's the most consistent with all of scripture, as well as the evidence I see in nature.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
WannaLearn
Established Member

Post by WannaLearn »

Thank you. I think I lean towards progressive creationism. But will still keep researching it to find out more. As I have heard YEC has some errors in it.
ryanbouma
Established Member

Post by ryanbouma »

YEC has major scientific errors, to be clear. I'm not sure there are any theological errors.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

I lean towards Theistic Evolution with heavy influences by God throughout the entire process.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

RickD wrote:Hi Wannalearn,

I believe in OEC/Progressive creationism, just like the owner of GodandScience.org, and also Reasons.org believes here. I believe it because I see it's the most consistent with all of scripture, as well as the evidence I see in nature.
Same here, so I ditto that...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Neha
Recognized Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Neha »

EVolution.

Fixed it, Dan. :lol:
Last edited by Neha on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Neha wrote:Ecolution.
Care to expand on that Neha, it sounds interesting.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Neha wrote:Evolution.
Care to expand on that Neha, it sounds interesting.
Yes, please explain. I'd love to hear how a process can be its own cause.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Neha
Recognized Member

Post by Neha »

I am sure you have heard it plenty of times before. ;)
WannaLearn
Established Member

Post by WannaLearn »

WannaLearn wrote:Thank you. I think I lean towards progressive creationism. But will still keep researching it to find out more. As I have heard YEC has some errors in it.
My bad i ment OEC sorry what i said didnt make sense.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Neha wrote:I am sure you have heard it plenty of times before. ;)
I have, and every time I hear it it makes less and less sense. :ebiggrin:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Neha
Recognized Member

Post by Neha »

Byblos wrote:
Neha wrote:I am sure you have heard it plenty of times before. ;)
I have, and every time I hear it it makes less and less sense. :ebiggrin:
I understand.... And disagree. :ebiggrin: