Your Creation stance?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: Your Creation stance?

Post by Byblos »

Neha wrote:
Byblos wrote:
Neha wrote:I am sure you have heard it plenty of times before. ;)
I have, and every time I hear it it makes less and less sense. :ebiggrin:
I understand.... And disagree. :ebiggrin:
Ordinarily we disagree on matters of opinion. This is not one of them, it's a matter of fact (you know, the kind that can be proven? :wink: ).
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Neha
Recognized Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Neha »

Byblos wrote:
Neha wrote:
Byblos wrote:
Ordinarily we disagree on matters of opinion. This is not one of them, it's a matter of fact (you know, the kind that can be proven? :wink: ).
It is infact, because many people even in your faith have no problems with evolution. You do have problems with abiogenesis perhaps?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Neha wrote:
Byblos wrote:
Neha wrote:
Byblos wrote:
It is infact, because many people even in your faith have no problems with evolution. You do have problems with abiogenesis perhaps?
Neha, how is 'evolution' a creation stance? That's the question. 'Theistic Evolution' is a creation stance, because of the 'theistic' part. You need to explain how evolution by itself, is your creation stance. If you don't believe in God, you can't believe in anything except naturalism.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:\Neha, how is 'evolution' a creation stance? That's the question. 'Theistic Evolution' is a creation stance, because of the 'theistic' part. You need to explain how evolution by itself, is your creation stance. If you don't believe in God, you can't believe in anything except naturalism.
Exactly. For the most part I have no problem with evolution. But it most certainly does NOT qualify as a creation stance.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Neha
Recognized Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Neha »

Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:\Neha, how is 'evolution' a creation stance? That's the question. 'Theistic Evolution' is a creation stance, because of the 'theistic' part. You need to explain how evolution by itself, is your creation stance. If you don't believe in God, you can't believe in anything except naturalism.
Exactly. For the most part I have no problem with evolution. But it most certainly does NOT qualify as a creation stance.
You are right, its not a creation stance. Just me sharing my view I guess. :oops:
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Neha wrote:EVolution.

Fixed it, Dan. :lol:
Haha thought it was something new I hadn't heard of.

I like evolution, there is much beauty in the simplicity of it.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.