Coral Chariots? Search the the Red Sea Crossing

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Coral Chariots? Search the the Red Sea Crossing

Post by Kurieuo »

Not sure if the has been mentioned before, but just came across this video to do with where the Israelites crossed the Red Sea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXf2IDS-9g0

I found it interesting, but keen to know others' thoughts?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: Coral Chariots? Search the the Red Sea Crossing

Post by B. W. »

Kurieuo wrote:Not sure if the has been mentioned before, but just came across this video to do with where the Israelites crossed the Red Sea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXf2IDS-9g0

I found it interesting, but keen to know others' thoughts?
Yes, one of the best on this subject as it doesn't present hype.

This must be the crossing site and the real Mount of God...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Long video, anyone willing to give us the jist of it?
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

PaulSacramento wrote:Long video, anyone willing to give us the jist of it?
Well, it's a documentary for anyone interested in where the Israelites crossed the Red Sea when they fled Egypt.

I'd recommend making time to watch if, if indeed this is a topic that anyone finds at all interesting.

They map the path of the Exodus as noted in Scripture. I've never been taken by what others say about different theories (not that I've looked into it that much), but this one is impressive given the facts provided.

Divers found coral structures dispersed in junkyard fashion some of which resemble wheels of chariots. Even found a four-spoke chariot wheel.

Very impressive.
Attachments
Chariot wheel
Chariot wheel
chariot-wheel.jpg (26.47 KiB) Viewed 5492 times
Last edited by Kurieuo on Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Fantastic documentary. I enjoyed that thoroughly, and I appreciate the flat appeal to miracle, as the attempts to find naturalistic explanations have always seemed a bad idea to me. On the whole, their proposal seems plausible. It is a shame that political factors are preventing further confirmation, but I think skeptics have a lot of 'splainin' to do.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Thanks for sharing.I enjoyed it.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Yes.. This is actually pretty well know. There is even a land bridge under the Red Sea to confirm this. It's still debatable however where they crossed. I even heard it was at the bottom of the Red Sea area.

Here:

Or here:
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Hi Gman, thanks. From your Bible.ca picture, I explored Bible.ca, and they actually provide much skepticism of the crossing mentioned in the video.

Bible.ca seem entrenched in their own position of where the crossing happened, attacking the theory that Nuweiba Beach was the entry point. In particular, they note Ron Wyatt originally proposed it, and his authority is to be questioned. Other sites question his character, and certainly his many claims to fame are controversial to say the least.

However, it is logically irrelevant who puts forward an idea. What is more important is whether an idea is true.

While watching, I did find the wheel suspect. They didn't seem to make too big a deal of it, but they also didn't reveal Wyatt took the photo. It just seems too clean. Too neat. And this in itself is extremely suspicious. Questions are left unanswered such that it cannot truly be verified one way or the other. The documentary should have noted this controversial topic.

Bible.ca also question this "bridge" and the argue the actual depth of the sea floor is much, much deeper as portrayed in the British admiralty nautical depth chart 12. So the depth all the way along would need to be fully re-verified.

If nothing more, the coral structures themselves are interesting. Notwithstanding some crucial open-ended questions, the video paints a very strong picture for this position.
Attachments
Map of crossing point
Map of crossing point
maps-bible-archeology-exodus-route-nuweiba-straits-of-tiran.jpg (58.5 KiB) Viewed 5431 times
British admiralty nautical depth chart
British admiralty nautical depth chart
maps-bible-archeology-exodus-route-nuweiba-british-admiralty-nautical-depth-chart-12.jpg (135.26 KiB) Viewed 5431 times
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

Not only that there is THIS too! Evidence for the real Mt. Sinai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICBv1760hTQ
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

And this thing is just plain weird. Some say it could be Leviathan. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVLYwzq-0vI
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

Also in addition, you can view this stuff on google earth as well.

In the search box type in Jabal al-Lawz, Tabuk Province, Saudi Arabia from there it will put you in the general area of all these sites and for things like....

The golden calf alter the coordinates is at 28 34 52.7N, 35 23 46.22E

The Mountain itself is at 28 39 12.90 N 35 18 16.83 E

Fence and guardhouse built by the Saudi government to keep people out is at 28 35 11.41 N 35 23 10.93 E

Mosiac alter and cattle pen for animal sacrifice is at 28 35 04.58 N 35 22 43.20 E

The split rock at Horeb is at 28 43 26.14 N 35 12 20.66 E

And the strange skeleton thing is at 28 56 32 N 35 28 08 E

And these are rough coordinates, the exact location can change given what elevation and eye alt. you are at. But look around at the photos that are posted near each area and you can then zoom in on that area to get a better view. When you zoom in far enough you can make out things like the golden calf alter, the mosiac alter and the L shaped cattle pen and that strange Leviathan like skeleton.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Kurieuo wrote:Hi Gman, thanks. From your Bible.ca picture, I explored Bible.ca, and they actually provide much skepticism of the crossing mentioned in the video.

Bible.ca seem entrenched in their own position of where the crossing happened, attacking the theory that Nuweiba Beach was the entry point. In particular, they note Ron Wyatt originally proposed it, and his authority is to be questioned. Other sites question his character, and certainly his many claims to fame are controversial to say the least.

However, it is logically irrelevant who puts forward an idea. What is more important is whether an idea is true.

While watching, I did find the wheel suspect. They didn't seem to make too big a deal of it, but they also didn't reveal Wyatt took the photo. It just seems too clean. Too neat. And this in itself is extremely suspicious. Questions are left unanswered such that it cannot truly be verified one way or the other. The documentary should have noted this controversial topic.

Bible.ca also question this "bridge" and the argue the actual depth of the sea floor is much, much deeper as portrayed in the British admiralty nautical depth chart 12. So the depth all the way along would need to be fully re-verified.

If nothing more, the coral structures themselves are interesting. Notwithstanding some crucial open-ended questions, the video paints a very strong picture for this position.

One thing to note about the wheel - if it was plated in gold - and gold does not tarnish, then that could explain the wheel. The film mentioned it was fragile and suspected that the wood underneath was long gone. So, it could still feasibly look like that. The coral structures are themselves very interesting. I am not sure who would own metal plated chariots except generals, and noblemen...

As for a land bridge, it would stand to reason that with currents and earthquakes past these thousands of years, that bridge would be very different today than it was way back when.

All interesting and note.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys