Did this prophesy really come true?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
WannaLearn
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by WannaLearn »

Ezekiel 20:34 - "I will bring you from the nations and gather you from the countries where you have been scattered -- with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm and with outpoured wrath."

Isaiah 11:11-12 NIV - "In that day the Lord will reach out his hand a second time to reclaim the remnant that is left of his people from Assyria, from Lower Egypt, from Upper Egypt, from Cush, from Elam, from Babylonia, from Hamath and from the islands of the sea. He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth."

because different parts of it don't make sense like god taking jews from egypt and cush and all those places when they dont really exist anymore. And the majority of the jews came from central Europe not four quarters of the earth. And havent the jews always kind of lived in Israel? and only 45% of the jews live in Israel while others have almost the same amount in america?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Did this prophesy really come true?

Post by PaulSacramento »

WannaLearn wrote:Did this prophesy really come true?

Ezekiel 20:34 - "I will bring you from the nations and gather you from the countries where you have been scattered -- with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm and with outpoured wrath."

Isaiah 11:11-12 NIV - "In that day the Lord will reach out his hand a second time to reclaim the remnant that is left of his people from Assyria, from Lower Egypt, from Upper Egypt, from Cush, from Elam, from Babylonia, from Hamath and from the islands of the sea. He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth."

because different parts of it don't make sense like god taking jews from egypt and cush and all those places when they dont really exist anymore. And the majority of the jews came from central Europe not four quarters of the earth. And havent the jews always kind of lived in Israel? and only 45% of the jews live in Israel while others have almost the same amount in america?
Off the top of my head I would assume those have to do with the Hebrews returning to Israel after the exile, 538 BC.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

WannaLearn wrote:Did this prophesy really come true?

Historically these are proved correct and see this link Expulsion of Egyptian Jews 1956 as but one example.

The regathering of the Jewish people began around 1920's and continues on to this day and that is what confuses people. They became a sovereign nation again after being scattered into the nations a 2nd time, May 1948. From 1948 to current date, the regathering continues, world wide. There are about 8 million people living in Israel and 6 million of them are Jews. There are about 7 million more Jews world wide living outside Israel. Of that around 5 million live in the USA - see this link Population Distribution and This Link from 2012 figures. The regathering is still occuring due to the nation of Israel again existing after impossible odds a second time. Here is more data in this link so please search this site for more details

Some speculate that the full regathering will be completed at the 1000 year reign of Christ on earth and some speculate they'll all be regathered before and other believe during the Tribulation period. Whichever is true, we don't know. There could also be another variable to the complete regathering of all the Jewish folks not fully understood that is occurring now in waves that eddy and flow as they flowed out of Russia during the 1980's see this Link.

Fact is, the bible is true and often so true that it does not line up with how we think God ought to do something He says...
-
-
-
One more link on Cush -- http://whynotbelieve.wordpress.com/2012 ... -lifetime/
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Just as an FYI, the four quarters of earth don't mean all over the planet, it is a proverbial saying which more of means from around, near or far.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

neo-x wrote:Just as an FYI, the four quarters of earth don't mean all over the planet, it is a proverbial saying which more of means from around, near or far.
No Neo, "four corners" proves a flat earth! y:o)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

RickD wrote:
neo-x wrote:Just as an FYI, the four quarters of earth don't mean all over the planet, it is a proverbial saying which more of means from around, near or far.
No Neo, "four corners" proves a flat earth! y:o)
Lol. Rick we should make a flat earth forum for the likes of you. :mrgreen:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Neo,

If I were to consider what Scripture says of the earth, then I feel a flat earth fits most naturally with what is said just like you do YEC. :poke:

Isaiah 11:12, Revelation 7:1, Job 38:13, Jeremiah 16:19 and Daniel 4:11 all ought to be rejected since it obviously contradicts what we know via science, just like a YEC interpretation of Scripture.

Back then, they just didn't really know any better.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Kurieuo wrote:Neo,

Back then, they just didn't really know any better.
Of Course they didn't, on a lot of issues, I suppose.
If I were to consider what Scripture says of the earth, then I feel a flat earth fits most naturally with what is said just like you do YEC.
I see your point. And by the way, some passages may hint that an author may have presumed earth to be flat or perhaps was just using a saying or repeating common knowledge, but I wouldn't say its as strong as...say, the genesis story.

honestly I wouldn't mind really if an author did think of earth being flat.

without.

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

y/:) Well... that backfired a little, but I did have a feeling you might not feel that troubled. yp**==
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)