Problems with scientific statements in Ecclesiastes

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
...In Heaven...
Acquainted Member

Problems with scientific statements in Ecclesiastes

Post by ...In Heaven... »

Ecclesiastes 11 - NASB:
5: Just as you do not know the path of the wind and how bones are formed in the womb of the pregnant woman, so you do not know the activity of God who makes all things.
We, however, through science, have discovered how both of these things work. Does that mean we can understand the acitivity of God as well?

Or can be explained as this:
What is natural, you can learn naturally, but what is spiritual, may be learned spiritually.
Still seems shaky and there are problems, because it would contradict what is being said when you cannot know the activity of God.

Can you folks help me?
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Remember the time when it was written and the audience at the time. They didn't understand what makes wind or how bones formed in pregnancy.

Also, these activities are invisible-you don't see the hot air rising and the cool air sinking, and you can't see the bones forming in the womb (you could theoretically I guess), so maybe the author is saying "if you can't understand and see invisible physical things occuring, there's no chance when it comes to something invisible and spiritual"
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous