Joseph Prince?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Joseph Prince?

Post by Gman »

This guy is a nut.. Sorry. Whenever I see this guy on TV it makes me want to barf.

The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: Joseph Prince?

Post by RickD »

I always enjoyed Prince. Little Red Corvette, 1999, Purple Rain...
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

??
Well great. No reasons, no arguments. Just a baseless bashing?

Can a moderator please remove this thread?
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Isn't Prince black African-American? I never liked his music. Who is the Chinese guy? Is that Prince's gopher?

FL :wheelchair:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jlay wrote:??
Well great. No reasons, no arguments. Just a baseless bashing?

Can a moderator please remove this thread?
Jlay,

I'm guessing it was just an opening post by Gman. You know, a post to grab our attention. I'm sure Gman has a very well researched post, detailing exactly the point he was going to make. Right Gman?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote:Gman has a very well researched post, detailing exactly the point he was going to make. Right Gman?
Yup.. He is just another one of those "free gracer" guys. G-d's commandments have been done away with. If you only had faith... Whatever that means.. :roll:

I can pretty much know where he is heading to after only a few minutes of his rants.. I mean confusion...

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
DRDS
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by DRDS »

That's odd, I thought it was because he was probably one of those prosperity gospel nuts like Joyce Meyer and Benny Hinn.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

DRDS wrote:That's odd, I thought it was because he was probably one of those prosperity gospel nuts like Joyce Meyer and Benny Hinn.
Oh yes.. That too..

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:
RickD wrote:Gman has a very well researched post, detailing exactly the point he was going to make. Right Gman?
Yup.. He is just another one of those "free gracer" guys. G-d's commandments have been done away with. If you only had faith... Whatever that means.. :roll:

I can pretty much know where he is heading to after only a few minutes of his rants.. I mean confusion...
But what is it about him, or what he promotes, that makes you want to barf?

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DRDS wrote:That's odd, I thought it was because he was probably one of those prosperity gospel nuts like Joyce Meyer and Benny Hinn.
DRDS,

The "free gracer" line from Gman was an attempt at sarcasm. I think your assessment that he's into the prosperity gospel is more accurate.

-Edward R Murrow

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

RickD wrote:
DRDS,

The "free gracer" line from Gman was an attempt at sarcasm. I think your assessment that he's into the prosperity gospel is more accurate.
I do not know who he is except see his name on the TV guide. Never watched him and thought Gman was pulling a fast one on form jokes dot com or something, so I deleted my former response. Spoke to soon.

I would have to watch him and see who he is and what he teaches. If he is free grace person - so what? I could be classed as one since I hold to these truths:

God's Grace is free...

God's Grace will not let you leave...

God's Grace is sure...

God's Grace set's you free...

God's Grace our faith can rest...

God's Grace secure...

So to get back to a more serious tone - here's a question for Gman:

In your opinion, does the Song 'Amazing Grace' speak of the true theme concerning God's Grace or not?

My apologies to Mr Prince as I spoke in jest not really knowing what he teaches or who he is... Former post deleted
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

B. W. wrote:
I would have to watch him and see who he is and what he teaches. If he is free grace person - so what? I could be classed as one since I hold to these truths:

God's Grace is free...

God's Grace will not let you leave...

God's Grace is sure...

God's Grace set's you free...

God's Grace our faith can rest...

God's Grace secure...

So to get back to a more serious tone - here's a question for Gman:

In your opinion, does the Song 'Amazing Grace' speak of the true theme concerning God's Grace or not?

My apologies to Mr Prince as I spoke in jest not really knowing what he teaches or who he is... Former post deleted
-
-
-
No problem B.W.,

It's not the grace message I have a problem with.. Believe me I run on grace.. Without G-d's grace I would have been toast many years ago.. What I object to with the teachings of this guy is that somehow G-d's grace erases G-d's covenants or commandments. This is a very very dangerous thing to say..

This is but one of his many quotes against G-d's commandments...
Prince wrote:“I distinctly heard the voice of the Lord on the inside. It wasn’t a witness of the Spirit. It was a voice, and I heard God say this clearly to me: ‘Son, you are not preaching grace.’ I said, ‘What do you mean, Lord?...’Every time you preach grace, you preach it with a mixture of law. You attempt to balance grace with the law like many other preachers, and the moment you balance grace, you neutralize it. You cannot put new wine into old wineskins. You cannot put grace and law together. He went on to say, ‘Son, a lot of preachers are not preaching grace the way Apostle Paul preached grace.”
Of course none of us can follow G-d's commandment's to a "T". But to throw them under the bus is completely out of wack IMO.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman,

Since not many of us seem to be familiar with Prince, maybe you could post an article by him, or a video that bothers you. That way, we can see what he's saying in context.
I did a google search on him, and opinions are all over the place.

-Edward R Murrow

Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

He's a "prosperity light" kind of guy. I've watched some of his sermons. He has a mild pentecostal edge to him, as far as I can tell (as per the quote offerd above and God speaking directly to Him--take that for what you will), and his look is one of those TBN types. But he gets to "propserity" a little differently than Meyers and Hinn and the rest do. From what I can gather (and I've only heard about a dozen or so of his messages, so I could be wrong), while they tend to apply the Law to the church and thereby claim physical blessings for the keeping of (a spiritualized version of) the Law, he tends to spiritualize the blessings of the Law (since he is convinced that the believer is not under it) and sees prosperity in those blessings for those who live in the grace of God.

I really need to listen to him some more. He is an up and comer, but I get the feelings he is going to be pretty widely known on the scale of Meyer or Hinn over the next several years. But my initial impressions have not been particularly negative. But, I can see how Law-"keepers" would certainly be put off by such a plain explication of the radical distinction between Law and Grace.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Jac3510 wrote:He's a "prosperity light" kind of guy. I've watched some of his sermons. He has a mild pentecostal edge to him, as far as I can tell (as per the quote offerd above and God speaking directly to Him--take that for what you will), and his look is one of those TBN types. But he gets to "propserity" a little differently than Meyers and Hinn and the rest do. From what I can gather (and I've only heard about a dozen or so of his messages, so I could be wrong), while they tend to apply the Law to the church and thereby claim physical blessings for the keeping of (a spiritualized version of) the Law, he tends to spiritualize the blessings of the Law (since he is convinced that the believer is not under it) and sees prosperity in those blessings for those who live in the grace of God.

I really need to listen to him some more. He is an up and comer, but I get the feelings he is going to be pretty widely known on the scale of Meyer or Hinn over the next several years. But my initial impressions have not been particularly negative. But, I can see how Law-"keepers" would certainly be put off by such a plain explication of the radical distinction between Law and Grace.
Jac,

So would it be fair to say from what you know about him, that he justifies all the money he makes off "his" ministry, by saying if one(obviously including himself) lives under God's grace, then one will be blessed materially?

And if yes, you don't find that to be "particularly negative"?

It just seems like he's preaching a new version of the same old prosperity gospel.

-Edward R Murrow