Creation debate

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Creation debate

Post by Jac3510 »

RickD wrote:Jac,

I'm pretty sure we could dig up some of your old posts and find some stuff that you've said, just as bad or worse than what others have said about Ham.

It's been a long time since any Ham bashing has gone on here.
Perhaps.

So you are justifying sin by pointing to my own?

Can we say tu quoque?

I'm just as put out by the fact that you all continue to defend your vitriol. The proper response is to recognize the sin, acknowledge it, and move forward. Not defend it. :shakehead:
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Jac3510 wrote:So you are justifying sin by pointing to my own?
Are you justifying Ken Ham's sins by pointing out others? :shakehead:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Jac3510 wrote:
RickD wrote:Jac,

I'm pretty sure we could dig up some of your old posts and find some stuff that you've said, just as bad or worse than what others have said about Ham.

It's been a long time since any Ham bashing has gone on here.
Perhaps.

So you are justifying sin by pointing to my own?

Can we say tu quoque?

I'm just as put out by the fact that you all continue to defend your vitriol. The proper response is to recognize the sin, acknowledge it, and move forward. Not defend it. :shakehead:
It just seems kinda odd that you've gone on the offensive on this thread, to point out all the attacks, when nobody has attacked him on this thread.

And no, I'm not trying to justify anyone's sin. To be fair, I'm pretty harsh on all false teachers/divisive Christians. Ham is no exception.
Speaking for myself only, I've pretty much stopped even posting about Ham, with maybe a couple of posts here and there. I think we all have people that get under our skin, and we say things we shouldn't say.

And like I said before, the attacks on Ham have subsided quite a bit. So, it's really odd you brought it up again.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Speaking of Ham... lately I've been cooking up ham and eggs rather than bacon and eggs.

Not that I have anything against ham, but I think I really prefer bacon and eggs. ;)

Especially if the ham and eggs are green.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Kurieuo wrote:Speaking of Ham... lately I've been cooking up ham and eggs rather than bacon and eggs.
There is a lot of saturated fat in both bacon and ham. Saturated fat is bad for your arteries. Maybe you should try something off-the-wall. My wife made turkey ''bacon'' today and it was quite good.
RickD wrote: I think we all have people that get under our skin, and we say things we shouldn't say.
Not me. I'm a model poster, always polite, always with a kind word for everybody and my humility glows like a warm, comforting beacon in a sea of vileness.
Danieltwotwenty wrote:I don't think anyone here hates the Y.E.C position, I think everyone is just sick of the stupid accusations they spew at you.
Who is ''they''??? I'm a YEC but have yet to spew any accusations at the rest of you. You've hurt my feelings and I think I'm going to cry...

FL :crying:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Who is ''they''??? I'm a YEC but have yet to spew any accusations at the rest of you. You've hurt my feelings and I think I'm going to cry...
THEY is Ken Ham and AIG, or anyone that tells other Christians that they are compromising with the Bible etc.....
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Speaking of Ham... lately I've been cooking up ham and eggs rather than bacon and eggs.
There is a lot of saturated fat in both bacon and ham. Saturated fat is bad for your arteries. Maybe you should try something off-the-wall. My wife made turkey ''bacon'' today and it was quite good.
Maybe I can cook up Skippy if Dan doesn't mind...
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Maybe I can cook up Skippy if Dan doesn't mind...
Skippy is my favorite meal especially when served with a side dish of Bunyip. :beer:

Seriously though roo meat is really tasty.
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Nobody hates Ken Ham.. :roll:

According to the Bible, we are to stand against principalities and powers. Not people, especially against other Christians..

Ephesians 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

But when someone says that the only "Biblical" view is Y.E.C., it's going to pull many away from the credibility of the Bible. Sadly..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

I don't think anyone's really defending any sin. Perhaps the use of the word "haters" was a mistake...it does seem a bit too definitive about the posters and ofcourse it is not something that anyone will appreciate they be associated too. Perhaps that is the reaction you are seeing, Jac.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Dan wrote:
I also don't agree with most of the things that are said to various people on this board this includes yourself and everyone else.

Most posts interacting with atheists, are rude, condescending and arrogant, and do not display the characteristics of Christ.

We are all guilty of being rude and arrogant most of the time, towards each other and towards people not associated with this board, seems to be a case of throwing stones in glass houses to me.
I think this was well said and perhaps an overall tone of tolerance by all would be appreciated by all.

LET'S ALL HUG AND FORGIVE EACH OTHER. WE ARE ALL BROTHERS, AS JAC ALSO SAID "LETS MOVE ON!"
y>:D< y>:D< y>:D<
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Sounds good to me. y>:D<
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Sounds good to me. y>:D<

:grouphug:

Now on to breakfast, Ham and Eggs but wait, does the egg come before the ham or after - ohhh Noooo - what came first!!!! Wait a minute - who is on first, right??

y:O2
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Moving on :moped:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
DRDS
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by DRDS »

I've already given my view of the Nye and Ham pre debate in posts 2 and 3 here: http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =6&t=39060