Creation debate

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Creation debate

Post by jlay »

RickD wrote:Jac,

I'm pretty sure we could dig up some of your old posts and find some stuff that you've said, just as bad or worse than what others have said about Ham.

It's been a long time since any Ham bashing has gone on here.
The biggest difference Rick is that if a poster is maligned by another on the forum, the poster is at least here to defend themselves. Ham is not. Being candid, frank or even rude is not the same as attacking someone in the way that was described.

All I say is let's see if Ham puts his foot in his mouth. Gosh, at least give him a chance. I'm fairly certain that nutjob, wacko, puppy torturer, Bill Nye will. :wave:
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

jlay wrote:
RickD wrote:Jac,

I'm pretty sure we could dig up some of your old posts and find some stuff that you've said, just as bad or worse than what others have said about Ham.

It's been a long time since any Ham bashing has gone on here.
The biggest difference Rick is that if a poster is maligned by another on the forum, the poster is at least here to defend themselves. Ham is not. Being candid, frank or even rude is not the same as attacking someone in the way that was described.

All I say is let's see if Ham puts his foot in his mouth. Gosh, at least give him a chance. I'm fairly certain that nutjob, wacko, puppy torturer, Bill Nye will. :wave:
Maybe you or Jac could get Ken Ham to come to this forum to defend himself? You all seem pretty close. :mrgreen:
But judging by his website which allows no discussion about the topics at hand, I'm pretty sure Mr. Ham would rather preach than discuss.

And jlay, you are absolutely 100% correct in what you said above. We should allow Ken Ham the chance to put his foot in his mouth. :lol:

As I'm not really familiar with Bill Nye, I guess I'll take you at your word, that he's a nutjob, wacko, puppy torturer. If that's true, it oughta make for an interesting debate.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Methinks Ken Ham is actually Jac or Jlay. :troll:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:Methinks Ken Ham is actually Jac or Jlay. :troll:
If that's true, they both do a great job of disguising the Aussie accent in their posts!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LCayqrFm0pI
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Uh no, not Ham. I've got my own concerns, but nothing that hard core OECs share.

FWIW, I think both sides are in error in how they approach the text of Genesis.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious