Young Americans leaving Christianity: Barna Poll

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Young Americans leaving Christianity: Barna Poll

Post by 1over137 »

I already wrote one about Slovak government.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Andywel
Newbie Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Andywel »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
neo-x wrote:The muslims will take over the world very soon.
I doubt it. Muslims have trouble taking over their own countries. Europeans will probably take over the world but with a vengeance this time around.

FL
For Muslims to take over the world (which is possible of course) one thing has to happen and that is that Muslim populations of the world will have to overcome the non-muslim populations of the whole world. I don't see it coming any time soon. The way they are killing each other due to sectarian violence for example, they will have a hard time uniting together to overcome non-muslim populations. When will Sunnis ever unite with Shias under one banner? Never happened before and will never happen in the future because the "gulf" that divides them is too wide to cross.

But I (as a born-again follower of the Words of Jesus Christ in the Holy Bible) can promise everybody here reading this one thing: Let me give the very Words of Jesus Christ as recorded by Prophet Matthew by the Holy Spirit's inspiration given to him:

Mat. 16:17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed[a] in heaven.”

According to the Words of Jesus Christ the Church of Christ will never be pulled down by any human or Satan or god (god meaning the millions of gods that humans worship. The Bible calls them devils/demons/evil spirits).

For any Roman Catholic person who believes that the Popes took over from the Apostle Peter the leadership of the Christian church, I have bad news to them. Peter never passed down his authority (to bind/unbind in earth and heaven) to any person before his death. There is absolutely no evidence of Peter passing on/down his Jesus-given authority to any body at all. Besides, Jesus Christ being Almighty God in human flesh, would never have given such tremendous power to a SINFUL human being. Satan being the second-most power in the world would destroy such power if a human being handled it. Since all human beings have been declared by Almighty God to be sinners, any person however great in human terms will not stand against the wiles of the Vile devil/Satan.

Reading 1st John 1:8 and 10, I understand that the Popes if they believe that they are sinless have already fallen into deep sin by calling Almighty God a liar. Let me show the verses so you don't have to open a Bible.

1st John 1: 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

The above Words given by the Holy Spirit very clearly state that no human being is HOLY in Almighty God's/Jesus Christ's/Holy Spirit's eyes. (Of course in the eyes of sinful human beings there are millions of holy people in India itself let alone the rest of the world).

The Holy Words of the Holy Bible teach me that all popes, beginning to end of popery, are sinners in God's eyes. That being so, the Holy Spirit would never have allowed the Apostle Paul to hand over divine authority to any human being. Why? Because Satan would have, with one fell-swoop, destroyed the man and his "kingdom."

Back to the authority given by Jesus Christ to Peter, that authority "died" with Peter when he died, as legend says he died upside down nailed to a cross because he felt so unworthy to die the way his Master/good friend/God-in-human-flesh, died.

Btw, Jesus Christ gave His power to save from hell/heal/raise the dead etc., to all His Apostles including Judas Iscariot who betrayed Him. We know that Peter had the power to heal the sick. Even handkerchiefs touched by Peter had power to heal the sick. If the popes were given authority by Peter, how come the popes can't heal, let alone his 'kerchiefs?
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Post by neo-x »

why are you talking about popes and sin and RCC?
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com