Psychic abilities...

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Urban legend?
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Spontaneous combustion i believe is caused by a malfunction in the body when the person has a high alcohol level which gets set on fire. i think it's real, but i doubt it has anything to do with psychic ability, although i suppose somebody who is pyrokinetic could accidentally set themselves on fire.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Pyro=fire
Kinetic=motion

Anyone who hasn't done the stop drop and roll procedure while on fire is technically pyrokinetic...

And I've heard the alcohol story....the one I heard, it was this one alcoholic lady, lounging in a rocking chair, and smoking....and when people went to find her, they found a hole in the floor and marks of a fire....
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
beckyandretti
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by beckyandretti »

my mom used to hear footsteps following her across the courtyard at the hospital where she worked and no one was ever there, but someone would have died on the ward she was working.
j316
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by j316 »

I have had several psychic experiences that weren't just subjective.

My ex wifes former husband died in the late 80's and the night he slipped into a coma I had a dream that my wife's brother had a message for her about transition. At the time we were involved in new age stuff and transition was clearly intended as dying. That morning I told her about it and less than an hour later her daughter called to relay the news that Richard was in a coma and not expected to live. I suspect the brother in the dream was him, things like that get mixed up easily.

Later that year I was in a meditation group and the leader asked us do something different, he wanted us to concentrate on seeing into the future. I subsequently had a vision in which the city of Chicago slid into lake michigan. I told the group about and went home. Several nights later I was watching the news and Chicago had a mild, but very rare earthquake. I almost fell off the couch when I heard that.

I was in another group one time and just for heck of it I decided to see what would happen if I envisioned a fire in the center of the room, about 60% of the group experienced fire or heat in their subsequent meditations.
I had a friend who was a TM practitioner who didn't like to meditate with me because it made her legs jump.

I know that psychic abilities exist but I have never seen a good explanation of how or why. I have never known anyone who could do it on demand or really accurately, but it does happen.

By the way, I have also seen a ghost.