How much money should a Christian have?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
slabendadas
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

How much money should a Christian have?

Post by slabendadas »

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world — the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does — comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.

So some people say that if you are rich and filled with God, then sometimes he blesses you with money.
You can also be poor and be filled with God.
So why are some rewarded more than others in THIS life rather than the next one?
And how does this tie in with the above passage?
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: How much money should a Christian have?

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I think some are more capable of using money wisely and that is why some are blessed with wealth, we should never expect to be wealthy because we follow God, prosperity doctrine is a heresy, a false Gospel. It all comes down to a heart attitude, you can be wealthy and be a miser or you can be wealthy and be extremely generous and kind. You can be wealthy and be wasteful and buy frivolous things or you can be wealthy but invest wisely and distribute wealth in a way to maximise the most people helped. Remember money (the world) is not intrinsically evil, it is the love of money that is evil. When money (the world) becomes your sole focus, trying to gain more by hoarding it for yourself is when you are loving the world, it has become an idol before God. This can be said for anything in this world, anything can become an idol. That is why always first we love God and second love others as we love ourselves, everything else is just a tool to be used for those two laws. I hope this was helpful.

Honestly to me wealth is a curse, I would rather be poor. If I was wealthy I don't think I would be wise with it, the pull of this world might be too much for me to resist. I am happy with my lot in life.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.