Shroud of Turin

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
DRDS
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Shroud of Turin

Post by DRDS »

And here is another rather "new" Shroud presentation or at least new to this thread. I think it was done by A&E. But it has all the house hold Shroud experts like Berrie Schwortz. I think you all will like it, GB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy53VIw9D24
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

Wowow DRDS this is a great find bro. The atchiologist Simon found that the soil tested at the Damascus gate matched the soul on the shroud of turin. Simon is currently testimg soil samples from garden tomb owned by Joseph of arimathea to see if this also matches the soil samples of the shroud. Incidentally this is the site of the great stone. The evidence just keeps getting stronger and stronger. Superb find DRDS. Hopefully the tests will be completed by the time of the shroud conference in St Luois in October later this year.

Here is the website of the garden tomb . What I would give to be able to visit it one day and on it.

http://www.gardentomb.com
SeekingSanctuary
Established Member

Post by SeekingSanctuary »

I'm not sure if anyone has talked about it on here before, but in the Bible it describes the shroud as being several pieces, including having a separate handkerchief to wrap his head in.

So, how is the Shroud a single piece?
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

SeekingSanctuary wrote:I'm not sure if anyone has talked about it on here before, but in the Bible it describes the shroud as being several pieces, including having a separate handkerchief to wrap his head in.

So, how is the Shroud a single piece?
hey Seeking that was talked about and the seperate handkerchief that was used to wrap his head is in spain. It is called the sudarium of Oviedo and is currently housed in Oviedo Spain, and it has an indisputable and well documented history going back to the 614 ad of which it was said to be hidden in the cave of saint mark in which it was soon transferred out of israel before invading persian army was going to reach them.

When the sudarium of Oviedo is overlaid over the head image of teh shroud of turin the blood stains are a perfect match meaning that thsi head cloth covered the same body as the shroud within a close time interval of about an hour or so. Even the length of the nose has been determined to be just over 3 inches on both relics (now thats a middle eastern nose like I have lol).

Marc Guscin is the worlds foremost expert on the sudarium of Oviedo, so just following his research alone can help alot. This article will help get you up to par with some of what we know about the sudarium of Oviedo.

https://www.shroud.com/guscin.htm

this is another excellent article from Stephen Jones on it.
http://theshroudofturin.blogspot.com/20 ... in_28.html

as far as the shroud being several pieces that was also answered by quite a few shroud experts and remember that the word used for strips is Othonia and Othonia is a collective singlular word. An example of this is Clothes which can mean one piece of clothing or a few pieces.
But again I will defer to Stephen Jones's excellent research on this one as he nails it right on the mark.

... othonia is to be understood as a `collective singular,' just like the English word `clothes' could refer to one article of clothing, or two or three or four":

In this video Physicist John Jackson of the shroud of turin center in Colorado shows how the shroud was most likely wrapped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJBQ896xq-k
now you will be totally up to par not only on the objections on the shroud strips but how the shroud was probably wrapped around Christ on the shroud.

SeekingSanctuary you really are soaking this information in fast. Im impressed :mrgreen:
God bless
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Also on the shroud itself there is a strip that has been sowed back on that was used to tie the shroud around Jesus in the first place.
SeekingSanctuary
Established Member

Post by SeekingSanctuary »

Thanks everyone for the info. I haven't had a chance to watch the video yet, but I did look at both articles. I appreciate it.
SeekingSanctuary you really are soaking this information in fast. Im impressed :mrgreen:
God bless
Not that fast. I got the question while looking at another website, plus my dad's a deacon and my mom's a Sunday school teacher, so I have a lot of background actually.

It's just that, well, I have my doubts. Used to I just kept religion in the back of my head, but some events happened which gave a crisis of faith. Now I can't really block this stuff out of my head anymore.
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

SeekingSanctuary wrote:Thanks everyone for the info. I haven't had a chance to watch the video yet, but I did look at both articles. I appreciate it.
God bless
Not that fast. I got the question while looking at another website, plus my dad's a deacon and my mom's a Sunday school teacher, so I have a lot of background actually.

It's just that, well, I have my doubts. Used to I just kept religion in the back of my head, but some events happened which gave a crisis of faith. Now I can't really block this stuff out of my head anymore.
If you ever need to talk im just a pm away my friend :)
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Silvertusk wrote:Also on the shroud itself there is a strip that has been sowed back on that was used to tie the shroud around Jesus in the first place.
Yea Silver Good point. I think that was called the side strip
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

DRDS wrote:And here is another rather "new" Shroud presentation or at least new to this thread. I think it was done by A&E. But it has all the house hold Shroud experts like Berrie Schwortz. I think you all will like it, GB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy53VIw9D24
Nice Video DRDS, looks like they have the experts in there, but im surprised they have antonio lombatti as well. He is shown saying that there is sbolutely no evidence of the shroud before the 13th century lol. The hungarian pray codex allready debunks him on that as well as the folding pattern matches between the shroud and the mandylion making them both the same relic.
The congruent matches between the shroud and the sudarium of Oviedo, the Christ pantocrator of 526ad , the images of 7th and 8th century roman coins and many more evidences show us that the shroud has been here way before the 13th century. Why is Lombatti even put on TV anymore is a mystery .

the lack of historical honesty by Lombatti is shown here by the devestating debunking given by Stephen Jones :mrgreen:

http://theshroudofturin.blogspot.com/20 ... of-40.html

Finishing off the rest of the video now , Thanks again DRDS for these great gems :)

Ok, here is an update on the video given to us by DRDS. First off the positive. It is the only video I have seen that actually talks about Doctor August Accetta's gamma radiation experiment which makes this video a first in my eyes to actually talk about this. Doctor Accetta came very close to reproducing some of the body's extremities in 3d with gamma radiation but also points out that incredible accuracy of the face and other parts of the shroud image were beyond his experiments capabilities. He ends it by saying that he really has no clue as to what kind of radiation that could cause an image this accurate, especially in the face region where Accetta's image lacks any details at all.

the other part is that this video was probably originally done before Ray Rogers peer reviewed chemical analysis paper was published because it has no word of it at all, and you can tell that many of the people interviewed in that video are much younger then they are today.

but all in all fascinating video, especially the accetta experiment which is teh first time I saw it in detail on video.
Good detective work yet again DRDS :)
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

Here is another one I just found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJnniv96i-A

It looks rather old and a priest is being interviewed.
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Nice finds bro, gonna have some nice viewing time on my hands this week to digest them :mrgreen:
In the meantime I'm working on a relative that has watched zeitgeist one too many times lol.
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

And here is a new one, it's a interview with author Casper Mccloud enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ums5Zi7QcWY
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Hey bro, the 1st and 3rd videos won't allow me to view them as they say I can't view them from the country I am in, but I really enjoyed the other 3, especially the last one which said that if the body on the shroud would have stayed on the shroud for more then 3 days the acid from the decaying body would have destroyed the image that was allready on there, another positive evidence for the authenticity of the shroud that I didn't even know about. Heck I didn't even see this evidence on stephen jones shroud blog.
Another great find DRDS
My hats off to you
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Use a VPN for geoblocked video, technically it is not illegal and all above board.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.