How do You Visualize God?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Seraph
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

How do You Visualize God?

Post by Seraph »

Obviously we probably can't envision an accurate picture of God as he is probably completely beyond our realm of understanding, but I'm interested in how people visualize God when they picture him.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: How do You Visualize God?

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I don't think I really visualise him in any particular way, I more just have this feeling deep within me of what he is like, it's like I see him with my heart rather than my eyes.

Does that make sense?

But if id did have to be a visual concept, I would say if you zoomed out on the universe and could see it as a whole web of interconnected light, an ethereal sort of living system pulsing with life, that's what I would see.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

I don't always visualize God, but when I do, I drink dos equis picture Morgan Freeman.

John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Seraph
Christian: No

Post by Seraph »

That's a neat visualization :)

I tend to picture God in his purest form to be like a living singularity, infinity simple yet with a will and complete manipulation of all of reality. I like to picture him "manifesting" though in a sort of humanoid form (neither obviously male or female) and made up entirely of a gentle glow.

@Rick well yeah, I asked what you picture him as, not what he *actually* looks like :o
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

I "picture" Him as Being Itself and all that entails.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Jac3510 wrote:I "picture" Him as Being Itself and all that entails.
That's a very loooooooooong "picture", Jac! :lookingcloser:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony