is role-playing games rejected by the bible?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Kyle
Newbie Member

is role-playing games rejected by the bible?

Post by Kyle »

i've read about harry potter and pokemon stuff, but there are many people out there who play MMORPG's (massively multiplayer online roleplaying games), and some have you choosing a race like elf, dwarf, or human, and some you use magic, or slay demons.

my question is if it is alright to be involved with those games in a safe level?
Deborah
Christian: No

Post by Deborah »

that is a very interesting question, and it is something to think about.

When you look at it that way are any games alright that involve killing or stealing such as GTA.

#1 Do we know the difference between real and pretend.

I do, but does that make a difference to the LORD god.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
Ark~Magic
Established Member

RE:

Post by Ark~Magic »

If it is within a fantasy environment, it is safe, Kyle.

As long as you don't actually believe and try to indulge in real-life witchcraft (which I'm sure you're smart enough not to :) ) then it's fine.
Ark~Magic
Established Member

RE:

Post by Ark~Magic »

When you look at it that way are any games alright that involve killing or stealing such as GTA.
Yes, but these games promote killing in a more positive sense, and usually do not promote or reward criminal behavior.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Such things can probably brainwash people who don't see what's going on. Subliminal messaging.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Prodigal Son
Christian: No

Post by Prodigal Son »

don't know. but it sure is fun. :P i think it depends on the person. if you don't believe it's right for you, don't do it.
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7