Uncaused first cause

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Uncaused first cause

Post by RickD »

Kenny wrote:
Byblos wrote: Look, I'm not going to answer your post point for point, others have done that. What I want to do is try to narrow down the discussion somewhat. Now we can take one of two major tracks and it's up to you which one. There's the metaphysical track in which we can offer absolute proof of a timeless, spaceless, immaterial, enormously powerful, personal first agent of causation. Or we can go the scientific track and offer very compelling evidence in support of the existence of God. And you are dead wrong, by the way, science has plenty to say on the subject, in the way of corroborating evidence, not proof, since we all know science is not in the business of proving anything, right? :mrgreen:
If you have scientific evidence to support the existence of God, I would love to see it.

Ken
Here you go Kenny:
http://www.godandscience.org
Now don't come back here complaining there's no evidence for God. That page has enough evidence to keep you busy reading for weeks.

Good luck, and we'll see you around the middle of May. :wave:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Kenny »

RickD wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Byblos wrote: Look, I'm not going to answer your post point for point, others have done that. What I want to do is try to narrow down the discussion somewhat. Now we can take one of two major tracks and it's up to you which one. There's the metaphysical track in which we can offer absolute proof of a timeless, spaceless, immaterial, enormously powerful, personal first agent of causation. Or we can go the scientific track and offer very compelling evidence in support of the existence of God. And you are dead wrong, by the way, science has plenty to say on the subject, in the way of corroborating evidence, not proof, since we all know science is not in the business of proving anything, right? :mrgreen:
If you have scientific evidence to support the existence of God, I would love to see it.

Ken
Here you go Kenny:
Now don't come back here complaining there's no evidence for God. That page has enough evidence to keep you busy reading for weeks.

Nice try! A website is not scientific evidence.

Ken
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kenny wrote:
RickD wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Ken
Here you go Kenny:

Ken
Kenny,

Are you really that obtuse? I'm starting to think any discussion here is completely over your head.

GODANDSCIENCE.ORG IS THE HOMESITE OF THIS FORUM. IT HAS ARTICLES THAT SHOW EVIDENCE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD!!!!!!

:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Kenny wrote:
1over137 wrote:
Kenny wrote:
FlawedIntellect wrote:I don't have to list even one time you've completely ignored what someone has to say, Kenny. The first page of this very thread is ample evidence.
When somebody gives a response I reply to that repsonse. When someone directs me to a book, website, or some other source, I will often ask them to read their source and get back with me. I've explained multiple times why I do this. It is not that I am ignoring the person, it's just that I've never gotten a straight answer that way and it has always wound up being a complete waste of time.

Ken
That is only your opinion that you NEVER have got response. In the other thread I responded to you even directly. Yet, I received no reaction from you.
Which thread and post number did I neglect to respond to?

Ken
Here is the link http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 79#p154540
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

RickD wrote:
Kenny wrote:
RickD wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Ken
Here you go Kenny:

Ken
Kenny,

Are you really that obtuse? I'm starting to think any discussion here is completely over your head.

GODANDSCIENCE.ORG IS THE HOMESITE OF THIS FORUM. IT HAS ARTICLES THAT SHOW EVIDENCE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD!!!!!!

:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:
I understood the joke! Like I said; websites do not constitute scientific proof.

K
RickD wrote
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

If website does not constitute scientific proof, then our saying to you the proof does? What? Please explain.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

1over137 wrote:
Kenny wrote:
1over137 wrote:
Kenny wrote:
FlawedIntellect wrote:I don't have to list even one time you've completely ignored what someone has to say, Kenny. The first page of this very thread is ample evidence.
When somebody gives a response I reply to that repsonse. When someone directs me to a book, website, or some other source, I will often ask them to read their source and get back with me. I've explained multiple times why I do this. It is not that I am ignoring the person, it's just that I've never gotten a straight answer that way and it has always wound up being a complete waste of time.

Ken
That is only your opinion that you NEVER have got response. In the other thread I responded to you even directly. Yet, I received no reaction from you.
Which thread and post number did I neglect to respond to?

Ken
Here is the link http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 79#p154540
In the link you provided, Jlay was responding to what someone else said. I didn't respond to him because he wasn't talking to me.

Ken
RickD wrote
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

1over137 wrote:If website does not constitute scientific proof, then our saying to you the proof does? What? Please explain.
present something backed up by modern scientists.

Ken
RickD wrote
ryanbouma
Established Member

Post by ryanbouma »

Wait a minute, you present an eternal singularity, something no modern scientist agrees with (that I know of). These fine people present the big bang, something accepted widespread by modern scientists. And you think they haven't presented something backed up by modern scientists? Ouch.... Try again.

This is our understanding based on "modern science". The universe began to exist. All causes such as the multiverse, an infinite singularity, God, worm holes, aliens from another dimension, etc. are all nice suggestions without empirical scientific evidence.

The primary difference is God said it in scripture 3k years ago ;)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

kenny wrote:
I understood the joke! Like I said; websites do not constitute scientific proof.

K
As Byblos has said before, there is no scientific proof. But that link has plenty of scientific evidence. You asked for evidence. It was given to you. What are you afraid of? Read some of the articles.

-Edward R Murrow

Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

ryanbouma wrote:This is our understanding based on "modern science". The universe began to exist. All causes such as the multiverse, an infinite singularity, God, worm holes, aliens from another dimension, etc. are all nice suggestions without empirical scientific evidence.

The primary difference is God said it in scripture 3k years ago ;)
Exactly what did God say in scripture 3K years ago?

Ken
RickD wrote
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

RickD wrote:
kenny wrote:

K
As Byblos has said before, there is no scientific proof. But that link has plenty of scientific evidence. You asked for evidence. It was given to you. What are you afraid of? Read some of the articles.
As I said earlier; I don't have time to read over your entire website. I am sure if you had something you would have presented it by now.

Ken
RickD wrote
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kenny wrote:
RickD wrote:
kenny wrote:

K
As I said earlier; I don't have time to read over your entire website. I am sure if you had something you would have presented it by now.

Ken
Kenny,

Earlier in this thread you said:
I presented you with many articles showing evidence for God's existence. And you don't have time to pick a few and read them?

What is your purpose for being here on this forum?

-Edward R Murrow

Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Proinsias »

My understanding is that science is pretty certain that what we consider the universe was once upon a time a lot smaller in relation to how it is now. If you prefer a philosophy with a first cause & end goal you'll find it integrates well. If you prefer an everything 'keeps on keeping on' approach that's fine too.
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

RickD wrote:
Kenny wrote:
RickD wrote:
kenny wrote:

K

Ken
Kenny,

Earlier in this thread you said:
I presented you with many articles showing evidence for God's existence. And you don't have time to pick a few and read them?

What is your purpose for being here on this forum?
Actually I did read it. I read most of it before I joined this site; as a matter of fact, reading that and going over the various links provided is what prompted me to join this site and discuss with you guys. Obviously I didn't see it as evidence of God.

Ken
RickD wrote