Uncaused first cause

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Uncaused first cause

Post by B. W. »

Kenny wrote:They say the Universe came into being during the big bang.
BW wrote:God is indeed speaking, it is you who chooses not to hear...
Is he speaking to me in a language I am able to understand?

Ken
Yes...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Kenny »

B. W. wrote:

Ken
Yes...
-
-
-
Then why can't I hear him?

Ken
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Came into being during the big bang?
What went bang? Where did it bang? What banged it?

People like Kenny make me consider Calvinism.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

jlay wrote:Came into being during the big bang?

People like Kenny make me consider Calvinism.
:pound:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

jlay wrote:Came into being during the big bang?
Actually contrary to what it's called; there was no bang, there was no explosion; it was actually more of an expansion than anything else
jlay wrote:People like Kenny make me consider Calvinism.
How is that different than what you believe right now?
RickD wrote
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Kenny wrote:
B. W. wrote:

Ken
Yes...
-
-
-

Ken
You refuse to listen - why?

Look up and all around you - what began the universe?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

B. W. wrote:
Kenny wrote:
B. W. wrote:

Ken
Yes...
-
-
-

Ken
You refuse to listen - why?
As I explained before, I am only capable of hearing audible sounds. Audible sounds do not require listening in order to hear them. If someone is going to communicate with me in a way that requires I listen using my heart, my mind, my imagination, or anything other than my ears, they are speaking to me using a method that I am unable to understand; thus it would be foolish to try to communicate with me that way.
B.W. wrote:Look up and all around you - what began the universe?
-
-
-
I don't believe the Universe began, I believe it has always existed.

Ken
RickD wrote
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

As I explained before, I am only capable of hearing audible sounds. Audible sounds do not require listening in order to hear them. If someone is going to communicate with me in a way that requires I listen using my heart, my mind, my imagination, or anything other than my ears, they are speaking to me using a method that I am unable to understand; thus it would be foolish to try to communicate with me that way.
And written word, right? :)
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

1over137 wrote:
Yes. If he can communicate to me using 1 or more of my 5 sences, I should get the message.

Ken
RickD wrote
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Kenny wrote:
1over137 wrote:
Yes. If he can communicate to me using 1 or more of my 5 sences, I should get the message.

Ken
Sorry, only prophets and apostles were that lucky.

edit: and maybe some more folks

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

1over137 wrote:
Kenny wrote:
1over137 wrote:

Ken
Sorry, only prophets and apostles were that lucky.

edit: and maybe some more folks
So I guess you can understand why I never got the message huh?

Ken
RickD wrote
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Why I got the message, huh?

#foreverinmyheart
ryanbouma
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ryanbouma »

Kenny, your posts make my head hurt. It's like you're not willing to thinking beyond the letters that forma sentence. Try to be more flexible and self critical.

Sorry I post and dash. Busy days for me.

Here's some things I suggest. If you're not willing to accept modern cosmology and the big bang the way scientists generally propose, then don't tell people they don't have it figured out when you clearly don't. You're the one who thinks the big bang has been a singularity for eternity. That's harder to believe than God because it's actually falsified. So you believe something that is blatantly false. Think that through before replying to these people with something like: "explain to me because you haven't". That's not a suitable reply. You're simply not willing to evaluate the evidence fairly.

Second. God speaking to you is not a voice speaking into your ear drum. I thought that would be obvious. Either you're just racking up your post count denying it, or the idea is actually foreign to you. I'll trust it's the later and try and help you listen to God's voice. God's voice does not consist of sound waves that are detected by your ears and interpreted by your brain. The two most common ways God speaks to below are first through his written word, the Bible. You can read this and chose to listen or not to what he has to say. Jesus is God, so certainly the very words He said are God speaking. The second and much more common way God speaks to you and I, is in our head/mind. This is like telepathy. God created you, he can speak to you through your mind. He's that 'thought' that enters your mind saying "you know these guys are telling you my truth, why are you shutting me out?" or "why do you doubt me?". What ever he's saying, I couldn't know, because he is talking ONLY to you. You can reply back with your thoughts, but remember that God is not going to have a conversation with you to convince you he exists or something. He'll prompt you then leave you to do the thinking and sort it out for yourself. He wants you to come to Him. Not Him to force you to Him.

This is like when you know what you're doing is wrong. Sometimes you'll sense a thought in your brain "you shouldn't be doing that". That's not a naturalistic phenomenon, that's God. Naturalism can't explain that.
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

1over137 wrote:Why I got the message, huh?
Personally I do not believe you got any message. I believe it to be a delusion, figment of your imagination, or something that can be explained logically; but that's just my opinion. If you say you got your message from a God that I am convinced does not exist; I will respect your beliefs and wish you the best with them.

Ken
RickD wrote
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

ryanbouma
Kenny, your posts make my head hurt. It's like you're not willing to thinking beyond the letters that forma sentence. Try to be more flexible and self critical.

Sorry I post and dash. Busy days for me.

Here's some things I suggest. If you're not willing to accept modern cosmology and the big bang the way scientists generally propose, then don't tell people they don't have it figured out when you clearly don't.

Ken
I never claimed I had it figured out. I said science can trace it back to the singular that expanded to be what we know as the Big Bang; what existed before that, nobody knows. Now if somebody here wants to believe they know more than the scientists knows, fine! But don't expect me to buy it unless they come to me with more than just faith.

ryanbouma
You're the one who thinks the big bang has been a singularity for eternity. That's harder to believe than God because it's actually falsified.

Ken
I didn’t claim the singular always existed in the form of a singular, I said that is as far as science can trace matter. I did suggest the possibility of the singular in a constant state of motion, or the possibility of it in a constant state of expansion and contraction; but I made it clear that these were just guesses, I never claimed science backs any of this stuff up.

ryanbouma
So you believe something that is blatantly false. Think that through before replying to these people with something like: "explain to me because you haven't". That's not a suitable reply. You're simply not willing to evaluate the evidence fairly.

Ken
Maybe you need to read what I write more carefully because it appears you do not have a clear understanding of the points I am trying to make.

ryanbouma
Second. God speaking to you is not a voice speaking into your ear drum. I thought that would be obvious. Either you're just racking up your post count denying it, or the idea is actually foreign to you. I'll trust it's the later and try and help you listen to God's voice. God's voice does not consist of sound waves that are detected by your ears and interpreted by your brain.

Ken
What on earth did I say that gave you the impression that I believe God speaks in an audible voice? I said I only hear audible voices thus I don’t hear God speaking to me. If you are going to use my words against me, all I ask is that you get my words right.

ryanbouma
The two most common ways God speaks to below are first through his written word, the Bible. You can read this and chose to listen or not to what he has to say. Jesus is God, so certainly the very words He said are God speaking. The second and much more common way God speaks to you and I, is in our head/mind. This is like telepathy. God created you, he can speak to you through your mind. He's that 'thought' that enters your mind saying "you know these guys are telling you my truth, why are you shutting me out?" or "why do you doubt me?". What ever he's saying, I couldn't know, because he is talking ONLY to you.
You can reply back with your thoughts, but remember that God is not going to have a conversation with you to convince you he exists or something. He'll prompt you then leave you to do the thinking and sort it out for yourself. He wants you to come to Him. Not Him to force you to Him.

This is like when you know what you're doing is wrong. Sometimes you'll sense a thought in your brain "you shouldn't be doing that". That's not a naturalistic phenomenon, that's God. Naturalism can't explain that.

Ken
Back during my Christian days, I spent years trying to find God. I read the bible, I prayed, I did everything I knew to communicate with the Christian God and it didn’t work. So when I say your God doesn’t work for me I know because I spent years trying it.

Ken
RickD wrote