What’s the worst that could happen?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: What’s the worst that could happen?

Post by Kenny »

I understand your frustration. It’s just that I am from the thought that the truth should always be up for question. So when you guys come to me with something you claim as the truth, I ask questions and I will continue asking questions until what you say makes sense to me.
If your claim of truth is not logically sound, or is built upon a shakey foundation; it will quickly fall apart under scrutiny and when this happens, people often become frustrated so I understand your frustration. No offense intended my friends; it is nothing personal, this is just the way I do business.

Peace
Ken
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

kenny wrote: So when you guys come to me with something you claim as the truth, I ask questions and I will continue asking questions until what you say makes sense to me.
Nothing bad with asking questions. But one must be prepared to be listener too.

No offense my friend.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Kenny wrote:I understand your frustration. It’s just that I am from the thought that the truth should always be up for question. So when you guys come to me with something you claim as the truth, I ask questions and I will continue asking questions until what you say makes sense to me.
If your claim of truth is not logically sound, or is built upon a shakey foundation; it will quickly fall apart under scrutiny and when this happens, people often become frustrated so I understand your frustration. No offense intended my friends; it is nothing personal, this is just the way I do business.

Peace
Ken

:shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

I believe an "I told you so" is on order.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

potcallingthekettleblack wrote:
...If your claim of truth is not logically sound, or is built upon a shakey foundation; it will quickly fall apart under scrutiny and when this happens, people often become frustrated so I understand your frustration. No offense intended my friends; it is nothing personal, this is just the way I do business.
I think someone famous once said, "No one is a blind as someone who has no freaking clue about reality". Or something like that. y#-o
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

1over137 wrote:
kenny wrote: So when you guys come to me with something you claim as the truth, I ask questions and I will continue asking questions until what you say makes sense to me.
Nothing bad with asking questions. But one must be prepared to be listener too.

No offense my friend.
I listen, I just don't always agree. That's why I keep asking questions.

K
RickD wrote
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:
potcallingthekettleblack wrote:
...If your claim of truth is not logically sound, or is built upon a shakey foundation; it will quickly fall apart under scrutiny and when this happens, people often become frustrated so I understand your frustration. No offense intended my friends; it is nothing personal, this is just the way I do business.
I think someone famous once said, "No one is a blind as someone who has no freaking clue about reality". Or something like that. y#-o
Lol, yeah, it was a klown I think. :pound:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Kenny wrote:
B. W. wrote:
Kenny wrote:What caused the big bang? I don't know; all I have are a bunch of guess.

Ken
Then please enlighten us on your guesses and from each guess where did the substances come from that cause it?-
My guess is that the Universe has always existed. Many substances that make up the Universe have always existed thus are first causes, other substances may have been created when some of the first causes combined with each other. I would guess there was never a point in history when absolute nothing existed. The singular that expanded in what we call the "Big Bang" was the Universe as well We just didn't know what the Universe was like prior to the Big Bang, and scientists currently have no way of finding out.

Ken
If these substances always existed - then why not a creator be the substance that created?

Maybe it is just a matter that you cannot yet read the intelligence behind the design....

Því svo elskaði Guð heiminn, að hann gaf son sinn eingetinn, til þess að hver sem á hann trúir glatist ekki, heldur hafi eilíft líf.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

B. W. wrote:
Kenny wrote:
B. W. wrote:
Kenny wrote:What caused the big bang? I don't know; all I have are a bunch of guess.

Ken
Then please enlighten us on your guesses and from each guess where did the substances come from that cause it?-
My guess is that the Universe has always existed. Many substances that make up the Universe have always existed thus are first causes, other substances may have been created when some of the first causes combined with each other. I would guess there was never a point in history when absolute nothing existed. The singular that expanded in what we call the "Big Bang" was the Universe as well We just didn't know what the Universe was like prior to the Big Bang, and scientists currently have no way of finding out.

Ken
If these substances always existed - then why not a creator be the substance that created?

Maybe it is just a matter that you cannot yet read the intelligence behind the design....

Því svo elskaði Guð heiminn, að hann gaf son sinn eingetinn, til þess að hver sem á hann trúir glatist ekki, heldur hafi eilíft líf.
-
-
-
Good point! My problem with an intelligent creator as the first cause (among many) is that he remains hidden, and he does a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense to me. If a creator did create everything I believe he would have constant contact with his creation; to remain hidden for the vast majority does not make sense to me so it makes more sense to me that the first cause is not an intelligent being.

Ken
RickD wrote
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
ryanbouma
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ryanbouma »

Kenny wrote:
ryanbouma wrote:
Unfortunately I think this might be the case. Kenny has shut himself out from the truth. I hope not, but he certainly doesn't accept some fairly basic explanations. And yet he believes in some big bang theories that are entirely against the grain of modern thinking.
Really??? And what modern thinking says the Big Bang was caused by your idea of God? And from a scientific standpoint, what makes your explanation more credible than mine?

Ken
Your first question is a straw man. Your second question can be answered like this: Your view is scientifically false. Therefore my view is more credible. Even if it sounds like a unicorn living on mars to you, it's still more valid than something falsified.

I think I'll be joining Byblos and Jac here as I really think I'm wasting my time. See ya.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Kenny wrote:
B. W. wrote:
Kenny wrote:
B. W. wrote:

Ken

Ken

-
-
-
Good point! My problem with an intelligent creator as the first cause (among many) is that he remains hidden, and he does a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense to me. If a creator did create everything I believe he would have constant contact with his creation; to remain hidden for the vast majority does not make sense to me so it makes more sense to me that the first cause is not an intelligent being.

Ken
Do you think that God possibly may have good reasons to do it the way he does?
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

ryanbouma wrote:
Kenny wrote:
ryanbouma wrote:
Unfortunately I think this might be the case. Kenny has shut himself out from the truth. I hope not, but he certainly doesn't accept some fairly basic explanations. And yet he believes in some big bang theories that are entirely against the grain of modern thinking.
Really??? And what modern thinking says the Big Bang was caused by your idea of God? And from a scientific standpoint, what makes your explanation more credible than mine?

Ken
Your first question is a straw man. Your second question can be answered like this: Your view is scientifically false. Therefore my view is more credible. Even if it sounds like a unicorn living on mars to you, it's still more valid than something falsified.

I think I'll be joining Byblos and Jac here as I really think I'm wasting my time. See ya.
Strawman? So you do not claim God had anything to do with the Big Bang? Also can you provide proof that my view is scientifically false?

Ken
RickD wrote
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
No. I cannot think of any good reason why an omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, & omnibenevolent God would do some of the stuff he is claimed to have done.

Ken
RickD wrote
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Kenny wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
No. I cannot think of any good reason why an omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, & omnibenevolent God would do some of the stuff he is claimed to have done.

Ken
That's because you have chosen to harden your heart (and close your mind) so God obliges you. I hope you'll be ready one day and start listening to reason but you're not there today.

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Kenny wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:

Ken
I didn't ask if you could think of any reasons, I asked if you think it's possible that he has good reasons.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.