What’s the worst that could happen?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: What’s the worst that could happen?

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Why oh why did I get sucked back in, Rick can you give me fifty lashes please because I have been naughty and have continued to engage when I should have let it go. I need to take a leaf out of Jlays book, he seems to be able to switch it off so easily.

Anyway I think this thread is done, it has been successfully refuted from many different angles.

Nothing more to see here folks.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Kenny wrote:
1over137 wrote:Hmm, probably the worst that could happen is nothing. I mean, unbelievers would continue their lives as nothing happened.
If the worst that could happen is a few unbelievers still in denial,I say he should give it a go! Especially when you consider all the good could come of it; ya think?

K
Then why we all are not in Heaven yet? Why we have to live here down on Earth?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Kenny wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kenny wrote:At the end of page 8 the discussion was basically over as a matter of fact you even provided the final response to the original question on 3/3/14 10:21pm with “ Glad we could be of assistance. You seem genuine, which I am glad to see.
Yes I said you seem genuine, but you have proven yourself not to be in other threads.
Really? Of all the points I made, and the 1 specific question I asked for a response from you, the only thing you commented on was the non issue of you saying I seemed genuine. All that other stuff I mentioned just went right over your head huh? And you call ME obtuse??? Hum.... Didn't your Jesus say something about noticing the spinter in your neighbors eye, when you should be removing the beam in your own eye? Ya might wanna think about that for a while.

Ken
Kenny,

Daniel didn't say you are obtuse. I said you're obtuse.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Kenny »

1over137 wrote:
Kenny wrote:
1over137 wrote:Hmm, probably the worst that could happen is nothing. I mean, unbelievers would continue their lives as nothing happened.
If the worst that could happen is a few unbelievers still in denial,I say he should give it a go! Especially when you consider all the good could come of it; ya think?

K
Excelllent point! Don't see how a voice coming from the sky would have put us there, but it is an excellent question! Why do you suppose we aren't?

K
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

1over137 wrote:
Kenny wrote:

K
Think about that Hanna.
Think about all the mess you do right now KNOWING that it is wrong.
Do you think we deserve heaven now? do you think that we are ready for heaven now?
And just a side point, we don't get heaven per say, that is God's domain, what we get is a NEW Earth and paradise on that new Earth, as per Revelation.
Our spirits may go to Heaven in the meantime, BUT the final place for our resurrected bodies is this planet, renewed.
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

PaulSacramento wrote:
1over137 wrote:
Kenny wrote:

K
Think about that Hanna.
Think about all the mess you do right now KNOWING that it is wrong.
Do you think we deserve heaven now? do you think that we are ready for heaven now?
And just a side point, we don't get heaven per say, that is God's domain, what we get is a NEW Earth and paradise on that new Earth, as per Revelation.
Our spirits may go to Heaven in the meantime, BUT the final place for our resurrected bodies is this planet, renewed.
Sounds like the best for both worlds. I kinda like your preception better than most I've heard.

Ken
RickD wrote
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Paul, that was question for Kenny. I was not asking for myself.

Kenny, Paul replied you, right?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

RickD wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kenny wrote:At the end of page 8 the discussion was basically over as a matter of fact you even provided the final response to the original question on 3/3/14 10:21pm with “ Glad we could be of assistance. You seem genuine, which I am glad to see.
Yes I said you seem genuine, but you have proven yourself not to be in other threads.
Really? Of all the points I made, and the 1 specific question I asked for a response from you, the only thing you commented on was the non issue of you saying I seemed genuine. All that other stuff I mentioned just went right over your head huh? And you call ME obtuse??? Hum.... Didn't your Jesus say something about noticing the spinter in your neighbors eye, when you should be removing the beam in your own eye? Ya might wanna think about that for a while.

Ken
Kenny,

You're right! My mistake. I am obviously responding to so many people I am starting to get some of you guys mixed up; but no excuses I should be better than that! I will be more careful next time. My apologies to Daniel

Ken
RickD wrote
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

1over137 wrote:Paul, that was question for Kenny. I was not asking for myself.

Kenny, Paul replied you, right?
Do you share Pauls views of the New Earth for those who don't make it to Heaven?

Ken
RickD wrote
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kenny wrote:
RickD wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:

Ken
Kenny,

You're right! My mistake. I am obviously responding to so many people I am starting to get some of you guys mixed up; but no excuses I should be better than that! I will be more careful next time. My apologies to Daniel

Ken
No worries. It's understandable. You're dealing with a bunch of people at one time. I just didn't want you to blame Daniel because at one point, Daniel seemed to be on your side. :lol:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Kenny wrote:Do you share Pauls views of the New Earth for those who don't make it to Heaven?

Ken
That's not what Paul said.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

RickD wrote: No worries. It's understandable. You're dealing with a bunch of people at one time. I just didn't want you to blame Daniel because at one point, Daniel seemed to be on your side. :lol:

I don't take sides, I interact until it becomes obvious that there is no point in continuing.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote: No worries. It's understandable. You're dealing with a bunch of people at one time. I just didn't want you to blame Daniel because at one point, Daniel seemed to be on your side. :lol:

I don't take sides, I interact until it becomes obvious that there is no point in continuing.
Daniel,

It was a joke. Read the word in italics. Get it now? ;)

You really have to lay off the cheap beer! :mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

RickD wrote:You really have to lay off the cheap beer! :mrgreen:
Absolutely. Cheap whiskey's a way better choice. :cheers:
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Jac3510 wrote:
RickD wrote:You really have to lay off the cheap beer! :mrgreen:
Absolutely. Cheap whiskey's a way better choice. :cheers:
:xxpuke:
Sorry. It brings back too many bad memories.

-Edward R Murrow