Do you love Motley Crue and their music?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
nigella4me
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Do you love Motley Crue and their music?

Post by nigella4me »

Motley Crue is a 70s rock and roll band.

I love MCue (Motley Crue) and their music. - Jason
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: Do you love Motley Crue and their music?

Post by B. W. »

nigella4me wrote:Motley Crue is a 70s rock and roll band.

Frankly, I do not. Music has a way to mold the emotions and mind in ways not many realize. Listen to music with a lot of swearing - you'll swear too. Listen to depressing music - become depressed. Listen to loud music and you will lose a bit of your hearing... Listen to lustful music - well enough said there... Listen to bands who covenanted with the darker side - become dark as well too. That is what music does.

Welcome to the forum
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Motley Crue have some decent tracks, but for me there are better bands.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

B. W. wrote:

Frankly, I do not. Music has a way to mold the emotions and mind in ways not many realize. Listen to music with a lot of swearing - you'll swear too. Listen to depressing music - become depressed. Listen to loud music and you will lose a bit of your hearing... Listen to lustful music - well enough said there... Listen to bands who covenanted with the darker side - become dark as well too. That is what music does.

Welcome to the forum
-
-
-
I hope B.W. Secret Garden is OK, cause I love it ;)
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Mötley Crüe wasn't one of the better bands to come out of the 80's.

The 80's had some really talented bands. Mötley Crüe? Not so much.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

So THAT is his first post on G&S - strange.

P.S. Motley Crue absolutely SUCKS!!! :evil: And I've heard that listening to their songs played in reverse can actually help repair the brain damage caused by listening to them normally - but such therapy takes YEARS!
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Motley Crew is an 80s band.
They had a few good tunes but no depth to their writing at all. It was some good guitar licks with lyrics that were high school grab a++.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Philip wrote:So THAT is his first post on G&S - strange.

P.S. Motley Crue absolutely SUCKS!!! :evil: And I've heard that listening to their songs played in reverse can actually help repair the brain damage caused by listening to them normally - but such therapy takes YEARS!
Come on, seriously? I mean don't get me wrong, they're not at the top of my chart either but still, they weren't that bad. I could certainly name at least a dozen 80s rock bands that are a whole lot worse than MC. 80s rock in general is an oxymoron to rock anyway.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:
Philip wrote:So THAT is his first post on G&S - strange.

Come on, seriously? I mean don't get me wrong, they're not at the top of my chart either but still, they weren't that bad. I could certainly name at least a dozen 80s rock bands that are a whole lot worse than MC. 80s rock in general is an oxymoron to rock anyway.
I bet you can't name at least a dozen 80's rock bands worse than Motley Crüe. They have to be bands that are fairly well known like Motley Crüe. Go ahead, let's see your list...
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I bet you can't name at least a dozen 80's rock bands worse than Motley Crüe. They have to be bands that are fairly well known though. Go ahead, let's see your list...
How about JUST as bad!

Poison, Ratt, Cinderella, Warrant, Twisted Sister, W.A.S.P, Skid Row, Vixen, Quiet Riot, Autograph, Whitesnake, Slayer, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys

Hey, if they had BIG, bottle-bleached hair, wore frighteningly tight spandex, all looked like drunks and drug addicts, had a singer who sounded like he gargled with Scotch and razor blades, every other song was about (usually GROUP) sex, their music used the same, unimaginably-used, fuzz-box-screeching four chords blasted through enough Marshalls to make your ears bleed, had - AT LEAST - two lead guitarists, switching off with masturbationally inspired, fast, mindless, endless and brain-numbingly boring guitar solos - well, then, they most definitely S U C K E D !!!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:
I bet you can't name at least a dozen 80's rock bands worse than Motley Crüe. They have to be bands that are fairly well known though. Go ahead, let's see your list...
How about JUST as bad!

Poison, Ratt, Cinderella, Warrant, Twisted Sister, W.A.S.P, Skid Row, Vixen, Quiet Riot, Autograph, Whitesnake, Slayer, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys

Hey, if they had BIG, bottle-bleached hair, wore frighteningly tight spandex, all looked like drunks and drug addicts, had a singer who sounded like he gargled with Scotch and razor blades, every other song was about (usually GROUP) sex, their music used the same, unimaginably-used, fuzz-box-screeching four chords blasted through enough Marshalls to make your ears bleed, had - AT LEAST - two lead guitarists, switching off with masturbationally inspired, fast, mindless, endless and brain-numbingly boring guitar solos - well, then, they most definitely S U C K E D !!!
Quiet Riot and Whitesnake were better than MC.
And most of those other bands weren't anywhere near as well known as motley crap.

If we're talking about bands that weren't very well known, but were bad, then there were plenty of bad bands. But bands as well-known AND as bad as Motley Crüe, maybe a handful. And we're talking rock bands. WHAM!, and Kajagoogoo don't count!

-Edward R Murrow

jlay
Ultimate Member

Post by jlay »

Philip wrote:
How about JUST as bad!

WHat? how in the world do you put Black Flag in the same category as glamour rock 80s band? you just lost all credibility.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I wasn't familiar with Black Flag, so I youtubed My War.

That is the mostgawdawful screaming I've ever heard. I'd rather listen to Motley Crüe!

-Edward R Murrow

jlay
Ultimate Member

Post by jlay »

Black Flag was an 80s punk rock band fronted by Henry Rollins.
Rollins has actually gone on to do some acting and spoken word poetry.

BF embodied the angst of that generation. Being a teen in the 80s I can speak to the confusion of that generation. We were one that was afforded with the greatest creature comforts, and a prosperous raising. The only war we knew was the cold war. Despite all the advantages, we lacked meaningful identity of previous generations. We had no cause. So the 80s is identified with shallow trends such as the rubix cube, but not much substance. Being an 80s punk rocker, bands like BF appealed to those of us frustrated with those trends. The hair bands for example embodied the shallow issues I'm talking about.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jlay wrote:Black Flag was an 80s punk rock band fronted by Henry Rollins.
Rollins has actually gone on to do some acting and spoken word poetry.

BF embodied the angst of that generation. Being a teen in the 80s I can speak to the confusion of that generation. We were one that was afforded with the greatest creature comforts, and a prosperous raising. The only war we knew was the cold war. Despite all the advantages, we lacked meaningful identity of previous generations. We had no cause. So the 80s is identified with shallow trends such as the rubix cube, but not much substance. Being an 80s punk rocker, bands like BF appealed to those of us frustrated with those trends. The hair bands for example embodied the shallow issues I'm talking about.
Blah blah blah blah blah and blah. Black Flag is still gawdawful screaming.

Jlay,

I'm barely older than you. So I understand growing up as a teen in the 80's. Never mind Mötley Crüe. I'd rather listen to Wham, than listen to Black Flag!
A careless whisper of a good friend....
You gotta have faith-a, faith-a, faith-a... :pound:

-Edward R Murrow