Will Atheists Become The Majority in 2043?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
YoungApolegist
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Will Atheists Become The Majority in 2043?

Post by YoungApolegist »

A new article claims that atheists will become the majority by 2043. Does anyone think this is true?
" I think it is not only out of God's wisdom but also out of his love that he leaves in mystery what he leaves in mystery. If I had more knowledge I could be heartbroken. Thus we live in hope.
And then, maybe, when standing at the Heaven's gate, I will throw myself into his arms and weep everything out. With him, we can handle that." - 1over137
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Will Atheists Become The Majority in 2043?

Post by jlay »

I have my doubts.

Cough

Links are awesome BTW.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Atheists aren't even the majority within atheism. Agnostics are.

But seriously, YoungAp, post the link to the article.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
YoungApolegist
Recognized Member

Post by YoungApolegist »

RickD wrote:Atheists aren't even the majority within atheism. Agnostics are.

But seriously, YoungAp, post the link to the article.
Sure

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nigel-bar ... 65108.html
" I think it is not only out of God's wisdom but also out of his love that he leaves in mystery what he leaves in mystery. If I had more knowledge I could be heartbroken. Thus we live in hope.
And then, maybe, when standing at the Heaven's gate, I will throw myself into his arms and weep everything out. With him, we can handle that." - 1over137
Seraph
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Seraph »

I think the survey category "Non-Religious" probably will be, which can include Atheists, Agnostics, Deists, Pantheists, Panentheists, ets...

So not necessarily Atheists.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
jlay
Ultimate Member

Post by jlay »

There is a trend in Europe towards an areligoius society. It's my opinion that a country will only remain non-religious for so long.
It creates a vacuum that Islam will more than happy to fill. Muslims have no qualms about procreating themselves into the popular majority. They don't care if it takes 100 generations. They know they can and will do it, because all you have to do is look at the birth rates of non-religious countries. Once they do, Sharia law, and then they can force the non-religious to convert or die.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
YoungApolegist
Recognized Member

Post by YoungApolegist »

I personally thin that cultural christianity, not christianity itself, is dying.
YoungApolegist
Recognized Member

Post by YoungApolegist »

I personally thin that cultural christianity, not christianity itself, is dying.
http://zachmcintosh.com/2013/01/07/is-c ... ity-dying/
Seraph
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Seraph »

jlay wrote:There is a trend in Europe towards an areligoius society. It's my opinion that a country will only remain non-religious for so long.
It creates a vacuum that Islam will more than happy to fill. Muslims have no qualms about procreating themselves into the popular majority. They don't care if it takes 100 generations. They know they can and will do it, because all you have to do is look at the birth rates of non-religious countries. Once they do, Sharia law, and then they can force the non-religious to convert or die.
That assumes that non religious people have those vacuums and want to fill them with religious beliefs. Which in my experience is not the case.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
jlay
Ultimate Member

Post by jlay »

Seraph wrote:That assumes that non religious people have those vacuums and want to fill them with religious beliefs. Which in my experience is not the case.
No, no, no. doesn't assume that at all. I'm not talking about some god size hole in the individual. I'm talking cultures. Islam is not concerned with what others want. Islam cannot move into cultures except through violent takeover or when the other culture demonstrates apathy. If a country is indifferent to religion, it will not remain irreligious. Something will fill the void. Look at France, Spain and now England. It's already happening, and will continue to spread throughout Europe.