An Apology

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
YoungApolegist
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

An Apology

Post by YoungApolegist »

I am sorry if I offend somebody by my posts. I know I have brought up some controversial topics ( and made fun of Richard Dawkins), but I sincerely wish the best for everybody on this board. I am socially awkward, so it is hard for me to bring up certain topics without sounding offensive. If anybody feels offended by my posts, please pm me with your concerns. I brought up in a previous thread that I don't have the best social skills, but I try my best. To Danieltwotwenty ( regarding my thread titled " The Foolishness of Richard Dawkins") I sincerely did not mean to suggest that I hate Richard Dawkins, but I feel that he is a bad seed that will produce bad fruit if it is watered. Regardless, I just wanted people to know that I mean no harm to anybody.
" I think it is not only out of God's wisdom but also out of his love that he leaves in mystery what he leaves in mystery. If I had more knowledge I could be heartbroken. Thus we live in hope.
And then, maybe, when standing at the Heaven's gate, I will throw myself into his arms and weep everything out. With him, we can handle that." - 1over137
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: An Apology

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

No harm mate, we all fall short in different areas but as long as we look out for each other and let each other know when they are straying from the path of righteousness we will be ok. y>:D<

It takes a real man to admit when he has made a mistake. y@};-
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Never apologise for making fun of Richard Dawkins :D
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

He is also a human being.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

No apologies needed man, ur among friends.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

1over137 wrote:He is also a human being.
Heck people around here make more fun of Ken Ham than RD around here ;) I think RD can handle a couple jibes.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote:
Heck people around here make more fun of Ken Ham than RD around here ;) I think RD can handle a couple jibes.
Who is Ken Ham?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
YoungApolegist
Recognized Member

Post by YoungApolegist »

RickD wrote:
Stu wrote:
Who is Ken Ham?
Maybe it's cliche to make fun of Richard Dawkins.
" I think it is not only out of God's wisdom but also out of his love that he leaves in mystery what he leaves in mystery. If I had more knowledge I could be heartbroken. Thus we live in hope.
And then, maybe, when standing at the Heaven's gate, I will throw myself into his arms and weep everything out. With him, we can handle that." - 1over137
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

RickD wrote:
Stu wrote:
Who is Ken Ham?

Only Ham I know is the kind that makes bacon. y:@)
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Never mind. I googled Ken Ham. It seems he's a retired astronaut.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Ham
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

RickD wrote:
Stu wrote:
Who is Ken Ham?

:pound:
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Considering some of the horrific and hateful things that Dawkins says about religion and believers, it is quite natural to feel negative about the man.
One would think that a scientist would simply allow science to speak for itself, but Dawkins feels that need to be insulting and condescending.
Which just makes him come off as having to rely on insults and pretentious attitude.